You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was told I was playing bingo, was I. First hand here

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Was called rotten for this. first time I have posted a hand. Was it the right call by the numbers?
AA Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £29.25
ee Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £50.15
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

bb Fold     
cc Fold     
dd Call  £0.50 £1.25 £71.57
ff Fold     
gg Raise  £1.00 £2.25 £32.50
wartic Raise  £2.00 £4.25 £56.11
 Fold     
dd Call  £1.75 £6.00 £27.50
xxx Fold     
yy Fold     
gg Call  £1.00 £7.00 £31.50
Flop

dd Check     
gg Bet  £3.50 £10.50 £28.00
wartic Call  £3.50 £14.00 £52.61
dd All-in  £27.50 £41.50 £0.00
gg All-in  £28.00 £69.50 £0.00
wartic Call  £28.00 £97.50 £24.61
dd Show

gg Show
  • J
  • J

wartic Show
  • K
  • A

Turn

• K

River

wartic Win Pair of Kings £95.70

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Raise bigger pre

Flop I just raise first time, as played its a Snapcall getting those odds
  • edited September 2012
    Easy call with the odds any club and u would think 2 overs to hit
  • edited September 2012
    Not bingo you had to call...... I would have reraised the flop even shoved myself with your outs!
  • edited September 2012
    I dont know many if any people that wouldnt of made that call.
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks all. I thought it was the right shout, and i thought if I couldnt get my money in after that flop i shouldnt be playing poker. Only play for fun so not really up on what i should or shouldnt do in any situation.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: was told I was playing bingo, was I. First hand here:
    Thanks all. I thought it was the right shout, and i thought if I couldnt get my money in after that flop i shouldnt be playing poker. Only play for fun so not really up on what i should or shouldnt do in any situation.
    Posted by wartic
    Can you really play for " fun " at NL 50?

Nh btw and gl.
  • edited September 2012
    3b bigger pre.

otf I just raise and GET IT IN 2 OVERS + NFD = efrjefhfuhfhiefejefofjekfjejf
  • edited September 2012
    Why couldnt you just play for fun at 50nl? Ppl play for fun at 5,000nl
  • edited September 2012
    Normally play 10nl and pl. Do a bit of 20nl as well play 50 nl when it's ten at the table and have played 100nl as well when it's 10 handed. If you play 20nl on a table of 6 the blinds not that much bigger than 50nl 10 handed in the long run and more cash for points. Do have a weakness for PLO hi/low dym and they are £2 a pop normally. I take my hats of to those who can play 4nl and make a consistant profit because the ranges are just that wide and I find it does not hold my attention. Normally playing 4 tables at a time and sometimes my whole br is on the tables which would cause severe palpatations to some here. Over a week I don't lose much and I don't win much but up over £300 since banning myself from skyvegas in June and that was the last time I put money in my account. As I said I play for fun but I take your point
  • edited September 2012
    Hi fella
    Glad you won the pot and players better than me think you didthe correct thing. Some people just feel entitled and can't hold back. Ignore them ...they are the one's that complain about the no parking signs when they don't even drive.....
    I play for fun but see improvemet as my goal. as long as you enjoy your poker...great stuff