You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Brag : i won my first tournament!!

Ok so some of you may know that im new to poker.  Ive been getting right into it using free rolls and bonuses.  Never won a tournament but had been getting near the number 1 spot!

Now on another site i entered a 7 dollar tournament to win a 66 dollar seat to a tournament!  I came first with 35,000 chips, i was at the top prettymuch the whole game but nearly lost it when i lost concentration.  

Proud of my self and i hope and can do well with the next tournament!

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Brag : i won my first tournament!!:
    Ok so some of you may know that im new to poker.  Ive been getting right into it using free rolls and bonuses.  Never won a tournament but had been getting near the number 1 spot! Now on another site i entered a 7 dollar tournament to win a 66 dollar seat to a tournament!  I came first with 35,000 chips, i was at the top prettymuch the whole game but nearly lost it when i lost concentration.   Proud of my self and i hope and can do well with the next tournament!
    Posted by anonymous
    it was me gavi who posted this topic but my session had ran out :P
  • edited September 2012
    wd gavi its a nice feeling when you come first in an mtt and takes some doing. Hope you cash and also get 1st in your game you satalited into! which of coarse is the aim of any game and if you can do it once you can do it again gl :)
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Brag : i won my first tournament!!:
    wd gavi its a nice feeling when you come first in an mtt and takes some doing. Hope you cash and also get 1st in your game you satalited into! which of coarse is the aim of any game and if you can do it once you can do it again gl :)
    Posted by Dazler
    Unfortunately didn't do so good in the tournament but the experience will help. More to come hopefully! My mate hosts poker nights and never really attended because I didn't play poker, now that Ive been playing I'll attend and hopefully do well :)
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Brag : i won my first tournament!! : Unfortunately didn't do so good in the tournament but the experience will help. More to come hopefully! My mate hosts poker nights and never really attended because I didn't play poker, now that Ive been playing I'll attend and hopefully do well :)
    Posted by gavi
    yea its good fun to play home games with your m8s and the more you play the more experience you gain. At least you have had a taster to winning a satalite and playing a main event. Main thing to remember is dont get too excited and play within you bankroll. You may get lucky and you may get ul its part of the game but staying within what you can afford to lose keeps it fun. Read up on here go to the clinic with hands and keep playing and im sure you can wipe out your m8s ;) i started out that way playing with friends and did quite well and i got the bug for the game then and came online.
  • edited September 2012
    Great stuff m8...Its that BUZZ isn't it? Pleased for you....now it may give you push to study the gme more seriously......but do take advice on bank roll management on here. Start small and learn the ropes first.....GL
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Brag : i won my first tournament!! : yea its good fun to play home games with your m8s and the more you play the more experience you gain. At least you have had a taster to winning a satalite and playing a main event. Main thing to remember is dont get too excited and play within you bankroll. You may get lucky and you may get ul its part of the game but staying within what you can afford to lose keeps it fun. Read up on here go to the clinic with hands and keep playing and im sure you can wipe out your m8s ;) i started out that way playing with friends and did quite well and i got the bug for the game then and came online.
    Posted by Dazler

Thanks for the reply, i have been going on poker strategys website.  Really helpfull and didnt know about bank roll management untill i watched their video, great peace of information and without it i would probably lose what ever i deposited.

• edited September 2012

i wish i knew about it when i first started so your in a good positon to do well from the start. As prof says read up and stick to a good br management and you cant go far wrong.

• edited September 2012
    £100 GuaranteedTournament CompleteFinished at 22:22 - 19 SepRegistered24 / 1000Players Left0 / 241mkgunner - £602gibbzy - £363robbiemack - £24
  • edited September 2012
    £100 Guaranteed Tournament Complete Finished at 22:22 - 19 Sep Registered 24 / 1000 Players Left 0 / 24 1 mkgunner - £60 2 gibbzy - £36 3 robbiemack - £24
    Posted by mkgunner
    are you lost mkgunner lol shouldnt this be in the brag i won an mtt!