You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yuck flop spot deep, what's going on here?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

dijijcoiejoijeiwdjx what?

Guy can play, has moves, don't rly know what they r or what they mean tho.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxSmall blind  £0.20 £0.20 £93.60
ravidixo07 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £9.69
Jrvs Sit out     
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Flatcapper Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £150.52
johnnyd117 Call  £1.20 £3.00 £46.47
xxxCall  £1.00 £4.00 £92.60
ravidixo07 Fold     
Flop

xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.40 £6.40 £148.12
johnnyd117 Call  £2.40 £8.80 £44.07
xxxRaise  £8.00 £16.80 £84.60
DOHHHHHHH Fold

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Squeezing this flop into 2 people looks really strong and if villians a decent player they will know this.

Anyways, think about what good players will cold call in the SB, think what they will 3bet with. Will they make adjustments given stack size? (vs you, other guy is standard stacked). Formulate a range, make a decison.

Saying someone can make moves and then basically admitting that you don't pay attention is pretty lol. Focus more! Everytime a reg gets to showdown vs someone in a resonable pot look at the hand history, try to see patterns, add it the note box..

The fact you have the As is significant.
  • edited September 2012
    your beat, unless oppo is bluffing obviously

would be amazed if oppo ain't got a set

still call, see what happens on turn - at least you know oppo ain't got the nut flush init !
  • edited September 2012
    Nice post NColley.
  • edited September 2012
    lol your reads suck.

I like folding.

ps. 04.46am? f u c k your hangover. 
  • edited September 2012
    nice fold i think when i play ya got 2 remember to raise on any flop now lol ya might fold aces :)
  • edited September 2012
     In Response to Re: Yuck flop spot deep, what's going on here?:
    your beat, unless oppo is bluffing obviously would be amazed if oppo ain't got a set still call, see what happens on turn - at least you know oppo ain't got the nut flush init !
    Posted by rancid

lol :) 

I reckon if I call I just end up c/folding turns OR stationing off and giving him 40 quid.

In Response to Re: Yuck flop spot deep, what's going on here?:
    Nice post NColley.
    Posted by RogueCell
    +1. ty for the reply. 

I'm terrible at getting reads, and probably even worse at knowing what to do with them.

In Response to Re: Yuck flop spot deep, what's going on here?:
    lol your reads suck. I like folding. ps. 04.46am? f u c k your hangover. 
    Posted by percival09

This!

• edited September 2012
    I wouldn't be folding here. If we fold we essentially say that the chances of him having a set are substantially greater than the chances of him having KQs, KJs, 67s, 89s, etc. This isn't a flop that exactly smacks our pre-flop raising range either, so that surely increases the chances of him bluffing.

Granted the call from the button weights the raiser's range slightly more towards strong hands but given that he can make "moves" and our friend Johnny has only called, I'd certainly think there's a good chance that he's on the draw, looking to semi-bluff...

I wouldn't be 3-betting but I'd certainly call here and reassess on later streets. Obviously that probably means paying him off  on non-spade cards if he has a set... but I wouldn't beat myself up over that.
  • edited September 2012
    Lol at your reads. 

His sizing makes we want to fold this

Borin, there aren't that many combos of the type you mention, also those combos have good equity against us while our equity is tiny v sets. 
  • edited September 2012
    Lol at your reads.  His sizing makes we want to fold this Borin, there aren't that many combos of the type you mention, also those combos have good equity against us while our equity is tiny v sets. 
    Posted by grantorino
    Indeed, but getting 3:1 on the call, I'm still making it and seeing a turn. Obviously a spade is going to see me run for the hills. I wouldn't be looking to go broke on this hand but I'm not folding for one raise here.

Yeah, his sizing is small but that doesn't mean he's only ever got a set. There are plenty of players that don't size their bets well and on this board I wouldn't even be surprised if he's just playing top-pair or something like 88 or TT.

I don't think one raise is enough to narrow down our opponents range to a set. I think there are at least as many draws and other hands as there are sets, so our odds to call here and the chances that we can keep the pot small down the streets make the call the right move to my eyes.
  • edited September 2012
    I don't think his sizing is small

I also think calling is a reasonable option. But I'm not really happy calling 3streets here, so I prob fold. He won't always have a set obv, but I think he has one a lot

If he can play he shouldn't have 88, top pair or TT unless guy in middle is a complete fish. 

• edited September 2012
    I don't think his sizing is small I also think calling is a reasonable option. But I'm not really happy calling 3streets here, so I prob fold. He won't always have a set obv, but I think he has one a lot If he can play he shouldn't have 88, top pair or TT unless guy in middle is a complete fish
    Posted by grantorino
    I didn't say he could play. lol

It's something that makes sense in the minds of not deep-thinking players: "I have top-pair, the pre-flop raiser is probably just c-betting and I'm likely to be beating the caller who can have a flush draw or weaker top-pair. I need to protect."
    Not how I suspect you or I would play it but there is some thought there.

I don't think I'd be delighted paying off three streets, though I would likely call the turn and possibly the river if the draws don't come in, unless I think the oppo is never triple-barrelling and never overvalues top-pair.

I just don't like folding here unless I know that my opponent is good or plays purely ABC.
  • edited September 2012
    DOHHHH stated in op that opponent 'can play' . Vague I know, but that's dohhs notes for you. 
  • edited September 2012

but with the nut flush draw I have to call, no?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    wudibluff Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.70
    GELDY Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Browny563 Fold     
    cRaise  £0.40 £0.70 £18.12
    ANGIE_GG Call  £0.40 £1.10 £9.93
    therckt Fold     
    wudibluff Fold     
    GELDY Raise  £1.00 £2.10 £38.80