You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ISO a Weak Player and Flop 2nd pr + FD

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Please don't say fold pre please lol. I'm isolating a weak player who is prone to calling wide and folding to c-bets alot.

Think I probably should have made the iso 32p instead, but main point is obviously the turn. I was really tempted to check it back but thought if I did that I basically have to just c/f any missed river which seems a pretty weak line.

I have 14 outs which I'm happily jamming for value on the river if he flats but as Doh said, I need to have some FE too, and looking back I probably aint gonna get both players to fold often if ever.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
brettiboy Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £4.03
stax2227 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.79
  Your hole cards

X Call   £0.08 £0.20 £10.16
Lambert180 Raise   £0.40 £0.60 £7.36
TheRat1 Fold        
lee100 Fold        
brettiboy Call   £0.36 £0.96 £3.67
stax2227 Fold        
X Call   £0.32 £1.28 £9.84
Flop

brettiboy Check        
X Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.68 £1.96 £6.68
brettiboy Call   £0.68 £2.64 £2.99
X Call   £0.68 £3.32 £9.16
Turn

• K

brettiboy Check        
X Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.50 £4.82 £5.18
brettiboy Fold        
X Raise   £3.00 £7.82 £6.16
Lambert180 All-in   £5.18 £13.00 £0.00
X Call   £3.68 £16.68 £2.48
X Show

Lambert180 Show

River

X Win Three 4s £15.42   £17.90

Comments

• edited September 2012
    fold pre.          just jking ;) No srsly, fold pre. jk. You confused? fold pre.

Sometimes I cbet that flop sometimes I don't. You have showdown value and can still get value on later streets if your hand improves - but the cbet is fine. 

I don't like the double barrel here. You have sd value and youre essentially semi bluffing when theres no need to, especially in a 3way pot. I check and try hit. Getting stacks in ott isnt optimal for you

• edited September 2012
    Why are u picking this hand to isolate with

How likely are u to successfully isolate him 

Check back turn. As played flat the raise, jamming is bad imo
  • edited September 2012
    Pre is fine as is the flop, however against the vast majority of players at this level you should be checking back the turn pretty much all the time.

"I basically have to just c/f any missed river which seems a pretty weak line."
    To do this is fine against fish, especially in a multi way pot. Like you said you probably have very little FE on the turn, however if you do make your hand your still likely to get paid.  
  • edited September 2012
    I don't necessarily hate isolating weak players in position with any two cards. Here I'm not so keen because, while you have position on that player, you're only UTG+1 with four players still to act behind you, two of whom would have position on you if they want to come along.

There's another question you should ask before betting the turn: "I was raising to isolate this guy pre-flop, so what did I want to happen?"

If you were isolating him because you know that he folds to c-bets without a hand, that's good. Unfortunately he told you on the flop that he has something, so betting the turn now as a semi-bluff is not such a good plan.
    If you were isolating him for any other reason than he folds to c-bets alot, then isolating him with 86 was probably really bad.

EDIT: With the other player in the hand, betting the turn is probably an even worse idea.
  • edited September 2012
    don't iso in UTG+1

check back turn versus two, barrel versus one
  • edited September 2012
    You can iso in UTG+1. Just ideally not with 86s
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: ISO a Weak Player and Flop 2nd pr + FD:
    You can iso in UTG+1. Just ideally not with 86s
    Posted by percival09

ok smarty pants ) You thinking just your value range you want to iso in UTG +1 ?