You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Crash & Burn with QQ - cooler or badly played (by me)

Should I have folded to the 4 bet pre? Should I push pre to the 4 bet? Given that i saw the flop is the push ok here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
luvBWFC Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.11
BB Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.65
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

s1 Fold     
Raise  £0.40 £0.52 £16.49
s3 Call  £0.40 £0.92 £6.64
luvBWFC Raise  £1.32 £2.24 £6.79
s1Fold     
VRaise  £3.12 £5.36 £13.37
s3 Fold     
luvBWFC Call  £2.16 £7.52 £4.63
Flop

luvBWFC All-in  £4.63 £12.15 £0.00
Call  £4.63 £16.78 £8.74
luvBWFC Show
  • Q
  • Q

Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

• K

Win Two Pairs, Aces and 4s £15.52  £24.26

Comments

• edited September 2012
    A cooler. Every time someone raises it would be wrong to assume A's in all cases -unless u know their range.
  • edited September 2012
    If you're going to call the 4b pre and get it in on a low flop you may as well just get it in pre flop imo. Fold or shove to his 4bet. I don't really like 3b/f but if you're certain he's only getting it in with KK/AA then you should fold. 
  • edited September 2012
    ugh, not a fan of flatting 4bets oop, get it in pre or fold.

why are you lead jamming flop? you just gave villian an opportunity to fold all hands that you beat.
  • edited September 2012
    the thinking would be along the lines of wanting to get him off his AK type hands, there's plenty in the pot already and if I am ahead I want to make him pay to outdraw me
  • edited September 2012
    You want his AK to bet so you can get more value - you're only getting called by better when you shove. 
  • edited September 2012
    Theoretically speaking you shouldn't 3b/f qq. Either 3b/shove or flat the open

However people prob call 3bets so wide and 4bet so narrow at 8nl 3b/f might be ok. Hate flatting the 4bet. Hate flop lead even more.  C/c flop
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    either shove or fold to the the 4 bet im shoving pre here u cant call the 4 bet is a mistake 
  • edited September 2012
    As other's said it's shove or fold pre, and for me it's the shove, unless it's one of the people who are massive nits.

Also don't shove the flop, you might get value from JJ but you'd get that anyway by checking. Shoving the flop means you get called by everything that beats you, which doesn't change much because if you'd called pre, you're stacking off v AA/KK anway (otherwise you should have folded pre). So the result of the hand is already pretty much decided if he has JJ-AA, the only thing that isn't decided is if more money goes in when it's AK... shoving makes him fold, checking and you probably get more.

EDIT: Forget that thought in your head saying the pot is big enough, the pot is never big enough if you're a favourite. If he has AK, then you want him to get the rest of his stack in on the flop, sometimes he'll bink his A or K, but it's more profitable this way.