You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT - AK 4 bet or not

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Maybe some reads?

I prob supernit fold pre, or else 4b/c

Flop meh, I fold 

Comments

• edited September 2012

Ok so a little hand from last nights rebuy open shove a lot MTT

So I don't 4 bet because I am only getting 5 bet by better and the thought of being called by someone IP with me holding AK doesn't feel me with joy. So I flat totally disguised and all that jazz :()
    edit: simply I don't want them to fold when I 4 bet and I don't want them to 5 bet shove )
    The size of my 4 bet would commit me as I am never folding and I think they fold all except AA/KK maybe QQ
    Don't think they ever 5 bet shove or flat with AQ for example
    oppo B may flat a 4 bet with better as he may see me as a aggro spew monkey )

So flop comes down, flop is good - I flat flop because I am very likely ahead and I wanna see a blank turn and hopefully extract more from worse or guy behind goes mad. But should I raise for protection/value and look to get it in or do you think my line has some merits this deep

Then someone shoves, this is good for me right ?

How do you think this hand was played ? Opnions please people

-----------
    Reads just for GT )

both are only ever 5 betting with AA/KK maybe QQ given it's a rebuy
    both are not flatting a 5 bet with worse, so if I 4 bet I will see folds 98% or the minority A or B may flat with suited paint, low-mid prs looking to stack me but no continuation unless they have me beat - looking at stack sizes I can't see  them flatting but it's like 2% they could
    both oppo will flat 3 bets with worse including low-mid prs/suited conns/ nice connecting paint/ AQ/AJ
    When we go to the flop, I am ok versus original raiser (a) - oppo is pretty wide here in this spot
    not too sure what B is holding - could be big pair or big ace - some connecting paint aswel, minority could be suited conns
    When A shoves over us, I say draw all day, could be a set though - but I think oppo would  raise to about half of their stack - not a shove with set me thinks <---- not a 100% read, but quite sure oppo turns up with draw more than a  set
    ps. I don't think A or B ever would hardly ever flat my 4 bet with better, but it's possible from oppo B
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    rancid Small blind   50.00 50.00 6782.50
    BigChicAQ Big blind   100.00 150.00 4020.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

A Raise   255.00 405.00 4761.25
    B Raise   410.00 815.00 5030.00
    paul10 Fold        
    jonjo75 Fold        
    rancid Call   360.00 1175.00 6422.50
    BigChicAQ Fold        
    A Call   155.00 1330.00 4606.25
    Flop

• K

rancid Check        
    A Check        
    B
    Bet   665.00 1995.00 4365.00
    rancid Call   665.00 2660.00 5757.50
    A All-in   4606.25 7266.25 0.00
    B Fold        
    rancid
  • edited September 2012
    If we are 4betting here it can only be to GII, which I dont hate with 50 bigs in online T.

As our 4bet is likely to be bloated due to being OOP vs 2 I'd even toy with the idea of shipping givien that 810 is already sitting out there and oppos relative stack sizes.  If they are just mucking about/lvling am sometimes just going to be happy ending the hand here rather than getting into a grimo spot post.  But the minning of utg opener is a worry.  (Dont have time to read the GT reads :p).  Prob 4betcall, ship or fold depending on read/dynamic.
  • edited September 2012
    I like 4betting. AKs is just too nice not to 4bet. 

As played I know I probs call in play because I like rivering full houses vs flushes. But I think it'd be a good lay down as played
  • edited September 2012
    im 4 betting pre as u want it heads up as played fairly easy fold