You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I`m such a donk!!!

But am i bovvered? nah!!! i`ve played hands so many times like this with an overpair and lost!!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
scottyjohn Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £28.41
andybeth Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £29.73
 Your hole cards

davelufc Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £30.56
haidyboy Fold     
xxxx Raise  £1.40 £2.30 £16.65
scottyjohn Fold     
andybeth Fold     
davelufc Call  £0.80 £3.10 £29.76
Flop

davelufc Check     
xxxx Bet  £2.20 £5.30 £14.45
davelufc Raise  £7.83 £13.13 £21.93
xxxx Raise  £11.26 £24.39 £3.19
davelufc All-in  £21.93 £46.32 £0.00
xxxx All-in  £3.19 £49.51 £0.00
davelufc Unmatched bet  £13.11 £36.40 £13.11
davelufc Show

xxxx Show
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

River

davelufc Win Straight to the 8 £34.60  £47.71

Comments

• edited September 2012

i dont think you did a great deal wrong there......loose(ish) call to the 3 bet but ur only looking for 2pr+ hands on the flop so easy to get away from.......lose a small pot or win a big pot and you got the latter

nh

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: I`m such a donk!!!:
    i dont think you did a great deal wrong there......loose(ish) call to the 3 bet but ur only looking for 2pr+ hands on the flop so easy to get away from.......lose a small pot or win a big pot and you got the latter nh
    Posted by waller02
    might as well play any two then really 'cause if you hit you'll win a bit pot
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: I`m such a donk!!! : might as well play any two then really 'cause if you hit you'll win a bit pot
    Posted by Pipunch
    in this instance after he has raised and been 3 bet, i dont hate the call because he is gonna be HU with a hand that is easy to get away from if he totally misses and it's better than calling a 3 bet with A9 for instance imo......it's not something i would do personally but hey
  • edited September 2012
    calling a 3bet oop with 45 off might as well be setting fire to money however you dress it up. if you don't think it's bad then you should probably refrain from giving poker advice
  • edited September 2012
    calling a 3bet oop with 45 off might as well be setting fire to money however you dress it up. if you don't think it's bad then you should probably refrain from giving poker advice
    Posted by Pipunch
    I never said it was good play and I would recommend it.....I just dont think its as bad as you are making out...I play dave a lot and know he wouldnt do this on a reg basis, I wasn't giving advice.

Anyone would think you were the villain in this hand the way ur carrying on.....chill m8 its BBV not the clinic
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: I`m such a donk!!! : I never said it was good play and I would recommend it.....I just dont think its as bad as you are making out...I play dave a lot and know he wouldnt do this on a reg basis, I wasn't giving advice. Anyone would think you were the villain in this hand the way ur carrying on.....chill m8 its BBV not the clinic
    Posted by waller02
    lol waller,am sure we have all done it
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: I`m such a donk!!! : I never said it was good play and I would recommend it.....I just dont think its as bad as you are making out...I play dave a lot and know he wouldnt do this on a reg basis, I wasn't giving advice. Anyone would think you were the villain in this hand the way ur carrying on.....chill m8 its BBV not the clinic
    Posted by waller02
    it is
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: I`m such a donk!!! : it is
    Posted by Pipunch
    I would never raise utg with 45off in the first place, but if I did and got 3 bet meaning that I had to call an extra 80p (which is 4bb outta 150bb stack in this case) into a pot of £2.30.....would I call??? Yeah I probs would....sue me
  • edited September 2012
    srsly no need to analyse hands that arent even in the clinic and are posted up for a joke and a laugh
  • edited September 2012
    srsly no need to analyse hands that arent even in the clinic and are posted up for a joke and a laugh
    Posted by percival09
    we are debating
  • edited September 2012
    I'm fine with a debate, and my post wasn't really aimed at you. I guess what I meant is analysis a hand is fine, but doing it so aggressively like a certain player is when the hand isn't even in the clinic isn't cool imo
  • edited September 2012
    I'm fine with a debate, and my post wasn't really aimed at you. I guess what I meant is analysis a hand is fine, but doing it so aggressively like a certain player is when the hand isn't even in the clinic isn't cool imo
    Posted by percival09
    Have you not noticed every single post by that person is aggressive, even when it's just someone simply asking for a guide to poker terms/poker lingo/forum lingo
  • edited September 2012
    I dont know about you lot but i find that if i just sit and wait for premium hands, other players pick up on this and you never get much action when you enter a pot.

Is it not a case of `dont play the cards, play the players?` If i see a player raise 3x utg i tend to think they have some kind of hand.

Ok so i played a garbage hand oop, call the cops (pipunch). Just watch top of the pots on thursday, i guarantee you wont see many AA v KK!!