You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can anyone give me a bit of advice please

_G__G_
edited September 2012 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone
This might sound strange to you, but i got a slight problem with one of my eyes, it could a dry eye, lately its been getting a bit of an irritation when playing poker or on pc for a time.
I think there a screen you can get, a filter, 
I want to know if they any good and where i could get one from.
Thank you
Glen

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Not sure about the screen but I've heard about this problem for mass multi tablers.  They end up not blinking and the eyes dry up so they get sores in the eyelids.

Have you tried some eye drops at all, or could you take decent breaks?
  • edited September 2012
    yea alwasys try and look away from the screen on regular occasions and i know it seems daft but being aware of blinking helps as its easy to not do it as often as you should when looking at a screen. Position your screen so you have a distance behind it too and not directly behind a wall so you have depth of feild and can look out of a window or something.

This might help for info on it and tips

http://www.nushield.com/anti_glare_screen_protector.php
  • _G__G_
    edited September 2012
    Thanks Tommy, Dazler
    just got new glasses and been given a prescription for dry eye,
    looked on that thread you sent dazler, they mentioned brightness of the screen, mine seems to have got brighter over the past week or so, does anyone know how to reduce the resolution.
    Thanks
    Glen
  • edited September 2012
    Eyeman, to the thread.  Eyeman to the thread ;o)

• edited September 2012
    On my laptop keyboard there are symbols above the function keys that let me reduce or increase brightness (f4 and f5). There will be a similar controls somewhere on the keyboard of all laptops. PCs usually have the brightness control on the monitor itself, most have a will have a button that brings up a menu on the screen with all the usual options; brighness/contrast/colour etc, much like a TV.

(BTW Eyeman is currently self-excluded)
  • edited September 2012
    If Im putting in a long session, I usually take a break every hour or so for 5 mins and do some warm compresses during that. You can google it but its basically where you take a clean flannel, soak it in hot (hot not boiling) water and then place it over the eyes.  
  • edited September 2012
    great thread

last week had been getting an irritation in one eye, but seems to have gone now.

surprise, surprise no poker for the last few days after an intensive playing period. so it looks like you may well have identified the cause correctly - had never thought about it myself. not sure reducing the brightness will help much as it seems more behavioural. eydrops / compresses etc sounds like the way to go.

let us know how you get on - gl
  • edited September 2012
    Using this prgoram makes it a bit easier on your eyes. Takes a while to get used to but then you dont even notice the change in colour...

http://stereopsis.com/flux/
  • _G__G_
    edited September 2012
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

Glen
  • edited September 2012
     Agree with offshoot. I run the flux programme on my laptop and it does make a huge difference, once you get used to it.