You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

thoughts/advice on this hand please

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

This is my exit hand from the sunday superstack. i'm sittting 9/12 with 8 cashing.

Was pre flop a shove or fold situation rather than the min raise?? If i get 3 bet then raise folding with my stack would be awful...is that correct??

Standard shove on flop though yeah?

kezza61 Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 120197.00
tina1970 Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 96756.00
 Your hole cards
  • A

mike1975 Fold     
GREGHOGG Fold     
waller02 Raise  4000.00 7000.00 23117.96
coolmark Call  4000.00 11000.00 23471.76
kezza61 Fold     
tina1970 Fold     
Flop

• Q

waller02 All-in  23117.96 34117.96 0.00
coolmark Call  23117.96 57235.92 353.80
waller02 Show
  • A

coolmark Show
  • A
  • Q

Turn

River

coolmark Win Two Pairs, Queens and 3s 57235.92

Comments

• edited September 2012
    You can definitely shove but it's probs close in a no ante tournament - I don't mind m/r/call a shove. Depends how the players behind you are playing - if theyre fishy and seeing a lot of flops depsite your stack I just shove. I definitely don't fold A9s in co tho. 

As played I b/c flop - shoving is often a fd so youll just get looked up by any pair. Bet otf and shove ott looks way stronger and youll probs make more fold.
  • edited September 2012
    Jam pre

Bet small and call it off on flop

• edited September 2012
    ok but say i bet (6k??) on flop and villain just flats (I know he would shove in this hand though), the turn is a blank what do i do then??
  • edited September 2012
    I probs bet 6k otf and shove any turn. maybe bet small again if I hit flush
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: thoughts/advice on this hand please:
    You can definitely shove but it's probs close in a no ante tournament - I don't mind m/r/call a shove. Depends how the players behind you are playing - if theyre fishy and seeing a lot of flops depsite your stack I just shove. I definitely don't fold A9s in co tho.  As played I b/c flop - shoving is often a fd so youll just get looked up by any pair. Bet otf and shove ott looks way stronger and youll probs make more fold.
    Posted by percival09
    If i get shoved on I'm almost certainly behind and even dominated......raise folding is awful with my stack so surely the shove is the best option??

I gotta be honest, I was multi tabling and didnt think about my hand before raising....after I had raised it dawned on me I'm in an awful situation if i get shoved on!!

I do make life hard for myself sometimes!
  • edited September 2012
    yh shove is best option. 
    playerswill still shove all pocket pairs, sometimes weaker a, KQs etc... so mr/c wouldnt be too bad but yh i prefer shove
  • edited September 2012
    You can definitely min-raise-fold pre-flop if your opponents have been pretty tight and haven't 3-bet in the last two or three orbits, or have done so very infrequently since the average stack hit 20BB or so. That would mean they're only 3-betting quite a tight range and against that range calling would be a mistake, even if it means raise-folding out of our 13.5BB stack.

Of course if that's how they'd been playing then we should be min-raising nearly every time the pot is unopened when it comes to us.

Against most fields I'd be in shove or fold mode with this stack size, though.

I too would prefer bet-calling the flop instead of shoving. I can't imagine what would be flatting this flop but if they do then I'd shove the turn either way. The pot will be bigger than our stack at that stage and we're in too deep to let the hand go. I'm not sure it's worth dwelling on the turn, though, because we won't see it very often without being all-in on the flop.
    You go broke in this hand either way, of course.
  • edited September 2012