You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll management

edited September 2012 in Poker Chat
If I was to deposit 10 pound, what would you recommend to play? 60p DYM's? And if I was to be successful when should I go up another level?

Comments

• edited September 2012

put it all on red
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management:
    put it all on red
    Posted by Bobsicool3
    Expected a decent reply but no I get an idiot that loves telling people to throw their money away on roulette
  • edited September 2012
    I guess safest thing to do is probably 60p DYMs as I know you're fairly new to the game.

I wouldn't start playing the £1 games until you had about £25
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll management : Expected a decent reply but no I get an idiot that loves telling people to throw their money away on roulette
    Posted by gavi
    Its only throwing it away if u lose, double your money if u win
  • edited September 2012
    I guess safest thing to do is probably 60p DYMs as I know you're fairly new to the game. I wouldn't start playing the £1 games until you had about £25
    Posted by Lambert180

Ok mate cheers for the reply
  • edited September 2012
    I guess safest thing to do is probably 60p DYMs as I know you're fairly new to the game. I wouldn't start playing the £1 games until you had about £25
    Posted by Lambert180

+1 to this.  Possibly not even go to the £1 until you have £30
  • edited September 2012
    lambert180 has pretty much nailed it.

theres also 35p 10 man bounty hunters that you could try.
  • edited September 2012
    lambert180 has pretty much nailed it. theres also 35p 10 man bounty hunters that you could try.
    Posted by TINTIN
    Is bounty hunter just like a tournament but you can win extra money by knocking people out?
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah the 60p DYM is probably the only thing you can do. Youre not rolled for anything else. Id have thought that <20BIs wasnt really enough even for those. Those 10 man BHs can turn into a bit of a donkfest. Is that all that you currently want to put in to learn the game or just for some fun? IMHO, DYMs are just not fun at all. It just feels like a grind and the ROI u need just to beat the rake means you need a fair bit of run good
    edit - just remembered there are 55p scarys! Now those can be fun. I mainly play scarys on here and its actually not too bad a game at the 55p level.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah the 60p DYM is probably the only thing you can do. Youre not rolled for anything else. Id have thought that <20BIs wasnt really enough even for those. Those 10 man BHs can turn into a bit of a donkfest. Is that all that you currently want to put in to learn the game or just for some fun? IMHO, DYMs are just not fun at all. It just feels like a grind and the ROI u need just to beat the rake means you need a fair bit of run good edit - just remembered there are 55p scarys! Now those can be fun. I mainly play scarys on here and its actually not too bad a game at the 55p level.
    Posted by mj8bs
    Im just putting ten in to see if I can build it up and improve my game. I'll watch a few videos on scarys and bounty hunters
  • edited September 2012
    Nothing wrong with starting with a tenner. I only started with £20 originally. I think the main thing is you're gonna learn by playing and getting experience so you want to get as many 'goes' as you can for your money. DYMs are the lowest variance game on the site so a good place to start.

EDIT:   In my opinion, don't play scarys, you're money won't last long
  • edited September 2012
    I didnt mean it to sound like you were only playing a tenner...hell my first online poker deposit was much the same. Im certainly not looking down on it. DYMs are low variance yes, but its tough to stay on top of the rake. Not impossible as devonfish5 proved as have many others. Scarys do throw you in at the deep end and you really have to adapt your range and actions as the blinds/ave stack increases. Theyre definitely more fun though as youre playing for the win and not for survuval so ultimately you can learn more of a rounded game as opposed to a survival game. That thread in the clinic about folding AA pretty much summed up what I cant stand in DYMs :( 
  • edited September 2012
    I started last week with a tenner (read SUPER TILTER) .Playing 80p cash , grinding really solid play now upto £19

Tried DYM but cash suits me better . I find dym ok but can turn into a flip if you do not get a good stack early IMHO

Cash you can wait till you have good or great starting hands to dial out the luck factor.

Well thats the theory....

I didnt mean it to sound like you were only playing a tenner...hell my first online poker deposit was much the same. Im certainly not looking down on it. DYMs are low variance yes, but its tough to stay on top of the rake. Not impossible as devonfish5 proved as have many others. Scarys do throw you in at the deep end and you really have to adapt your range and actions as the blinds/ave stack increases. Theyre definitely more fun though as youre playing for the win and not for survuval so ultimately you can learn more of a rounded game as opposed to a survival game. That thread in the clinic about folding AA pretty much summed up what I cant stand in DYMs :( 
    Posted by mj8bs
  • edited September 2012
    YEH IF u just want learn i say 50p dym the site used to run a 30p one  but stopped it.

but i suggest playing in the dtd there 3 toury for about 6pound but would suggest u play the 2nd one is like £1.10 huge chung of ur 10pound but ur#ll learn lots.

also check out a site called shark scope it will show u ur progress and hopefully profit so far.

gl D =)
  • edited September 2012
    YEH IF u just want learn i say 50p dym the site used to run a 30p one  but stopped it. but i suggest playing in the dtd there 3 toury for about 6pound but would suggest u play the 2nd one is like £1.10 huge chung of ur 10pound but ur#ll learn lots. also check out a site called shark scope it will show u ur progress and hopefully profit so far. gl D =)
    Posted by D_Legend

Thanks mate, I'll be sure to check it out