You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Siiting out the small blind.

edited September 2012 in Poker Chat
This last week one paticular player on the Omaha cash tables has been sitting out every small blind then sitting back in for the next hand on the button. I am sure on most sites and definately live you can not do this without posting or waiting for the next Big blind to come.
What are peoples views on this? Is the guy just exploiting a loophole on SKY? Or is it just wrong and should be stopped somehow?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Siiting out the small blind.:
    This last week one paticular player on the Omaha cash tables has been sitting out every small blind then sitting back in for the next hand on the button. I am sure on most sites and definately live you can not do this without posting or waiting for the next Big blind to come. What are peoples views on this? Is the guy just exploiting a loophole on SKY? Or is it just wrong and should be stopped somehow?
    Posted by jonjo75
    He won't be getting any advantage because next time he sits in he will have to make up the blind.......as far as I know..
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Siiting out the small blind.:
    In Response to Siiting out the small blind. : He won't be getting any advantage because next time he sits in he will have to make up the blind.......as far as I know..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Thats the point he doesnt have to post. He comes straight back in on the button with no penalties.
  • edited September 2012
    that cant be right, you cant sit out sb,bb without making it up on next hand. notify sky with that as it shouldnt happen.
  • edited September 2012

I notified SKY some days ago and they told me they would look into it. As i have heard nothing and the same player was doing it again tonight then i decided to come on here.
    I have just tried it myself and you can do it as long as its just the Small blind.

• edited September 2012
    i'm pretty sure they make you post an 'ante'
  • edited September 2012
    Not possible, you still have to post an ante of the blind you missed once you come back into play

I actually tested this, just to make sure )
  • edited September 2012
    I am sorry but you do not. If you play the Big blind as normal then sit out for the small so there is no small and just a big. Then while the hand is playing sit back in and you will play the next hand without  posting on the buttton.

Rancid I have just this second tried this again to make sure  and if you do as i say above you do not have to post.
    + I was sat at an omaha table for over 3 hours with someone doing it .
  • edited September 2012
    That needs fixing for sure! Is it just an Omaha feature? Or is it the same for HE?
  • edited September 2012
    That needs fixing for sure! Is it just an Omaha feature? Or is it the same for HE?
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Both.
  • edited September 2012
    Well when I tested this, it asked me to ante/post to play - so pffffffffffffft

I sat out on the sb, then sat back in - told me to wait then asked me to ante in the co

--- test number two---

sat out sb
    sat back in on btn - told me to wait
    asked me to post ante in the co -

if you have it on auto post then you may not notice

take care

• edited September 2012
    Well that is even more weird that some can and some can not.
    I can easilly prove this by going on a table that you or anybody is on or watching and doing it.
    Auto post makes no difference.
  • edited September 2012
    Well that is even more weird that some can and some can not. I can easilly prove this by going on a table that you or anybody is on or watching and doing it. Auto post makes no difference.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Maybe you should post the question in the "Ask Tikay" thread, and he can get someone to test it.  

I havent specifically tried to test it, but whenever I have sat out for a short while, I have been asked to post an ante.  

You do know that this wont show as a blind, right?  (At least not all of it).  It is not like when you first sit down and have to post a BB in one of the other positions.  In that case, the BB counts as your bet if its folded/limped round to you and you just call, or part of your bet if its either raised before you, or else if you want to raise yourself.

However, when you sit out and rejoin and have to post, it doesnt count as a bet (or at least, not the entire amount).  Some just goes straight into the pot, and you have to bet as normal as well.

• edited September 2012
    Well when I tested this, it asked me to ante/post to play - so pffffffffffffft I sat out on the sb, then sat back in - told me to wait then asked me to ante in the co --- test number two--- sat out sb sat back in on btn - told me to wait asked me to post ante in the co - if you have it on auto post then you may not notice take care
    Posted by rancid
    You are right...someone is getting confused.....if you are sat out on cash you have to post an ante if you miss sb or bb.....in tourneys you post every sb and bb if you are sat out.....simples..

• edited September 2012
    Yeah i understand that. I am only talking about Cash if any body would like to watch it I can show them.
  • edited September 2012

Just done a test with jonjo.......we could sit out every sb...then rejoin next hand(button)....But didn't have to post.......weird..

• edited September 2012
    do not auto post your blind, uncheck this option

it will ask you to post

when you post it does not show infront of the player, but should be part of the total pot

try this and you should see a result

when you sit out like this it doesn't show the amount infront of the player, unlike when you just join a table and post to play.
    When you join a table and post to play then you see the amount infront of you.

if you have auto post, then check the total amount of the pot

• edited September 2012
    Just done a test with jonjo.......we could sit out every sb...then rejoin next hand(button)....But didn't have to post.......weird..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

really, did not say wait and you have to join in co ?
  • edited September 2012
    do not auto post your blind, uncheck this option it will ask you to post when you post it does not show infront of the player, but should be part of the total pot try this and you should see a result when you sit out like this it doesn't show the amount infront of the player, unlike when you just join a table and post to play. When you join a table and post to play then you see the amount infront of you. if you have auto post, then check the total amount of the pot
    Posted by rancid
    The pot when you are on the button is just the blinds and your stack is the same as it was when you sat out from the small.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Siiting out the small blind. : The pot when you are on the button is just the blinds and your stack is the same as it was when you sat out from the small.
    Posted by jonjo75
    yeah, but you get no cards on the button - only lets you in to play in the cut off position and then you post

when you post in the co, it askes for ante but you don't see it infront of the player -
  • edited September 2012
    Lol Rancid let me show you. I will go on Erewash 2p 4p table let me know in chat when you are there.
  • edited September 2012
    Lol Rancid let me show you. I will go on Erewash 2p 4p table let me know in chat when you are there.
    Posted by jonjo75

ok
  • edited September 2012
    seems confusing this,was there more than 3 players playing
  • edited September 2012
    Yes full table
  • edited September 2012
    soz m8 conna help.thought it might of had something to do with quick orbits
  • edited September 2012
    yeah just went through this with jonjo and you can miss the sb if you do it in the right sequence, some blip in the programming no doubt

SKY you need to sort this, if you want to pm me - I'll show/tell u the sequence

but can't see why anyone would want to do this though )
    why would you not want to see 1/6th of your hands :s

• edited September 2012
    yeah just went through this with jonjo and you can miss the sb if you do it in the right sequence, some blip in the programming no doubt SKY you need to sort this, if you want to pm me - I'll show/tell u the sequence but can't see why anyone would want to do this though ) why would you not want to see 1/6th of your hands :s
    Posted by rancid
    was thinkig this mesel,is it + or -ev in the long run,wouldnt do it myself
  • edited September 2012
    Well ofc not having to put money in works to your advantage, if i asked u to put a bb in without looking at ur cards every now and again would you?
  • edited September 2012
    The blind positions are where you lose the most money, so its defo an advantage to sit out if you can.

I just tried this though & I had to sit out the button, then when on the cut-off I had to post the SB as an ante, or wait

???
  • edited September 2012
    Of couse on a small stakes table it makes hardly any monetary difference but the higher you go the more difference it makes and it just means you have to play one less hand out of position and save yourself a small blind every round.
    I found this very annoying because i was to this guys immediate left and just felt it changed the guy on the buttons play and maybe very subtally the tables play when I was posting a blind.
    Also I know this is not allowed live and i just felt the guy was cheating the table in some way.
    Thanks to the guys who came and watched this happening, it can be quite annoying when you know you are right but can not prove with just words.
  • edited September 2012
    yeah just went through this with jonjo and you can miss the sb if you do it in the right sequence, some blip in the programming no doubt SKY you need to sort this, if you want to pm me - I'll show/tell u the sequence but can't see why anyone would want to do this though ) why would you not want to see 1/6th of your hands :s
    Posted by rancid
    Maybe post a link to this thread in "Ask Tikay" &/or PM him.