You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO.......

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

The Suits have just said that Voting has now CLOSED.

There were 991 Entries - amazing!

Some 24% were "No Preference" & these will be drafted across to the two Teams so that they have equal numbers. Well, almost equal - one Team will have 495, the other 496. It makes no odds, the odd one, as Orford probably Voted twice, as he's desperate. ;)

An e-Mail will be sent this afternoon to EVERYONE who Voted. So those who Voted "No Preference" will know what Team they are in. Everyone else, of course, knows whose Team they are in.

More.....

Comments

• edited November 2009

Whats more amazing is the number of entries is the same age as Tikay ;)

• edited November 2009

There are FIVE Legs, & the winner of each Leg will be the Team that wins most money IN THAT LEG.

The OVERALL WINNER will be based on "Best of Five Legs", NOT Total WONEY WON over five Legs.

The Overall Winning Team - the one that wins most legs out of 5 - will be entered into the £1,000 Freeroll.

If you are unclear on any of this, ASK NOW, please. We don't want arguments after the Event.

More....
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO.......:
    There are FIVE Legs, & the winner of each Leg will be the Team that wins most money IN THAT LEG. The OVERALL WINNER will be based on "Best of Five Legs", NOT Total WONEY WON over five Legs. The Overall Winning Tram - the one that wins most legs out of 5 - will be entered into the £1,000 Freeroll. If you are unclear on any of this, ASK NOW, please. We don't want arguments after the Event. More....
    Posted by Tikay10
    I didn't know it was a TRAM race!
  • edited November 2009

The Suits have been absolutely delighted with the number of Players who Voted, & will take part.

So, this will almost certainly be repeated in the New Year. (This one does not end until Christmas).

It will be on the basis of "WINNER STAYS ON".

Another Team Leader will then be selected from the Presenter & Analyst pool, & they will be the opponents of Team Tikay  - sorry, the WINNING TEAM - when it's done again.
  • edited November 2009
    Is 'sky suit city' close to bad beat city????
  • edited November 2009
    Tikay my old friend, please please please stop with the "were the winning team" "we are the best" blah blah blah,

Its now time to admit somethiing that you truly deep down know......................

TEAM ORFORD RULZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I didn't know it was a TRAM race!
    Posted by elsadog
    Ah well, you know what they say. "Terms & Conditions Apply".

We is the Team Tram, innit.
  • edited November 2009
    Will we be able to see on the tables who is representing who?  If so, looking forward to the sight of some 'ALL ORFORDS' final tables.
  • edited November 2009
    Whats more amazing is the number of entries is the same age as Tikay ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    RUBOFF EGG (Anagram).
  • edited November 2009
    Goffe grub  ........ that was an easy one
  • edited November 2009

Prize Money in Each Leg.

As you know, the Freeroll Prize Money for EACH Leg will be £500.

In the spirit of keeping as many players as possible happy, & prolonging ther excitement in the closing stages, the Prize Money will be structured quite "flat".

I think that's good, all things considered. It's ultimately a Freeroll, & a bit of fun, so the more who get a little cash, the better.
  • edited November 2009
    Prize Money in Each Leg. As you know, the Freeroll Prize Money for EACH Leg will be £500. In the spirit of keeping as many players as possible happy, & prolonging ther excitement in the closing stages, the Prize Money will be structured quite "flat". I think that's good, all things considered. It's ultimately a Freeroll, & a bit of fun, so the more who get a little cash, the better.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fully agree.............and 2p will make a big difference to my Sharkscope stats at the moment.
  • edited November 2009
    Will we be able to see on the tables who is representing who?  If so, looking forward to the sight of some 'ALL ORFORDS' final tables.
    Posted by phil12uk
    On the Tables? - no. It's a bit awkward, software-wise.

But I'm hoping we will get a List of both Teams Posted on the Forum, suitably aplha or numerically sorted, so that we can keep track of who is who. That's the plan, anyway - fingers crossed! (We HOPE, this is not a Promise!).

We - we the Players - can also C & P the Tourney Lobby into the Forum with a list of who has Cashed, too.

The chance of an all-Orford Final Table is similar to 5 of a kind in poker.
  • edited November 2009
    The chance if an all-Orford Final Table is similar to 5 of a kind in poker.

Agreed.  An all Tikay final table is about evens IMO.
  • edited November 2009

Do we therefore treat this as a team game? If so, what are anti collusion rules as it could turn very messy!

• edited November 2009
    The chance if an all-Orford Final Table is similar to 5 of a kind in poker. Agreed.  An all Tikay final table is about evens IMO.
    Posted by scotty77

''Yawn''
  • edited November 2009
    Do we therefore treat this as a team game? If so, what are anti collusion rules as it could turn very messy!
    Posted by phil12uk

Crossed my mind too..............I would suggest ''no holds barred'' for this one.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    treat it as phun fil12uk
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    I think if anyone wanted to collude in this, they'd have to be pretty sad.

Just play it as a normal game, the Gods of Poker have more than enough tricks up their sleeve to make it interesting! 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : On the Tables? - no. It's a bit awkward, software-wise. But I'm hoping we will get a List of both Teams Posted on the Forum, suitably aplha or numerically sorted, so that we can keep track of who is who. That's the plan, anyway - fingers crossed! (We HOPE, this is not a Promise!). We - we the Players - can also C & P the Tourney Lobby into the Forum with a list of who has Cashed, too. The chance of an all-Orford Final Table is similar to 5 of a kind in poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This will be a bit strange IMO as if you dont know who is on whose team when at the tables, how do you know who to attack say on the bubble? It will be like plaing football and kicking in the same goal. And what will be the poker etiquette in these tourneys regarding playing for 'your' team?...
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : treat it as phun fil12uk
    Posted by themackem
    lol - nice letter usage m8.

i intend to play as a laugh but think some may be more interested in prize money and not appreciate being teamed up on. 

i would suggest play for ur team and anything goes with the 1 rule being - no stating ur hand at any time still.
  • edited November 2009
    i also had worries about that phil, a mean lets be sensible this orford guy will try anything to get one over on tikay, i heard a little rumour yesterday that has gave the sky suits an ultimatum, either he gets double chip stack of tikay to start with or he walks? not sure how true this is but tikay kindly offered to clear his desk lol
  • edited November 2009

I'm a little taken aback at this discussion of Team Tactics & so on.

It's just a bit of fun guys, act as you see fit, but whatever happens, don't lets get into spats & barneys.

If that happens, I can't imagine Sky Poker will be in a rush to repeat it. And by my reckoning, there is nearly £4,000 in this - alll FREE. ; So if they did it, say, 4 times, that's over £15,000. All for free.......

Let's just pretend to be grown-ups. Even Orford.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : This will be a bit strange IMO as if you dont know who is on whose team when at the tables, how do you know who to attack say on the bubble? It will be like plaing football and kicking in the same goal. And what will be the poker etiquette in these tourneys regarding playing for 'your' team?...
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Easy - attack EVERYBODY*

* Attack The Opeless Orford's a bit more.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT - News from SkySuit City on TKO....... : I think if anyone wanted to collude in this, they'd have to be pretty sad. Just play it as a normal game, the Gods of Poker have more than enough tricks up their sleeve to make it interesting! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have been praying to the poker gods and I due a result, I only hope I get dealt 74 spades to jam in with at some point ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    I'm a little taken aback at this discussion of Team Tactics & so on. It's just a bit of fun guys, act as you see fit, but whatever happens, don't lets get into spats & barneys. If that happens, I can't imagine Sky Poker will be in a rush to repeat it. And by my reckoning, there is nearly £4,000 in this - alll FREE. ; So if they did it, say, 4 times, that's over £15,000. All for free....... Let's just pretend to be grown-ups. Even Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol team tactics? - can I use this opportunity to suggest team tic tacs for orfords mob?
  • edited November 2009
    Hey, the last thing i want to do is put a dampener on this as this is a GREAT addition to sky poker.  You said ask anything Tikay at the start so we're all clear of the rules. At the end of the day, I'm aiming for me 1st, and all Orfordites there with me. The banter this has created on the forum has been fantastic too :)
  • edited November 2009
    Agreed- best way to play this so there's no arguments, is go all out for yourself as you would in a normal tourney.

If you happen to knock out a member of your team, I'm sure it will balance out over the course of the tourney with Team Tikay members taking each other out as well.

Don't forget, it's how much we win as a team! So, if knocking out members of your team means you finish 1st, then all the better!

*That said, whichever member of Team Orford takes the prize scalp of Tikay will be lorded on the forums, and talked about in whispered tones of reverence for generations to come. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

• edited November 2009
    Tikay

There is more chance of me being dealt pocket jokers than your team winning (actually get this over to Area51 as there are some people who think that may actually happen on Sky!)

Super Solar goes ballistic, Tikays are atrocious
  • edited November 2009
    Hey, the last thing i want to do is put a dampener on this as this is a GREAT addition to sky poker.  You said ask anything Tikay at the start so we're all clear of the rules. At the end of the day, I'm aiming for me 1st, and all Orfordites there with me. The banter this has created on the forum has been fantastic too :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, it was a good clear question, & a good clear answer.

I'll just play as I always do, that's the best way.

A while back, two very close friends of mine were on the Bubble of a £1,000 Live Tourney at a Midlands Venue. The lowest money prize was £3,500.

Friend A, in the SB, had A-K, & LOTS of Chips. (He went on to win it, in fact). Friend B, in the BB, was down to 5 x BB. Oddly, I owned 10% of each of them!

Friend A, thinking he was doing Friend B a favour, Passed his AK, giving Friend B the Blinds.

Friend B flipped over his Cards. Two Red Aces......

Friend B exited next hand, & got nothing.

Just play it straight, it's best.