You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

God dam standard

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
deep 9/15 or soemthing - DTD £2 MTT

8bb - standard shove spot

oppo not been opening a lot - hardly noticed them
I see AJ - easy shove ?

what do people think about this raise size etc...

Proabbly going to get some STANDARD replies - but just intrested in people views on if I should auto shove or not

look at bb stack size, does this affect your judgement on btn raising range :S Given the fact the btn hasn't got lively at all -_-

I have no FE right !

rancid Small blind   4000.00 4000.00 63490.00
bukowsk1 Big blind   8000.00 12000.00 127508.48
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

GREGHOGG Fold        
billyboots Fold        
x Raise   24000.00 36000.00 45881.24
rancid

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Not fist pumping but I'm getting it in for sure, too shallow to pass imo
  • edited September 2012
    Hi R
    Usually, isnt it true that if your raise is a greater than a third of your stack then you should just push as the optimal play. Not sure what his range would be as he's through the blinds so it should be a strongish hand or is he just seeing if he can push a min raise through and steal the blinds. I think he should have pushed so i think you should call and may be facing a marginal hand. No matter i still feel you would be correct to raise ai and put the decision to him. He's pot committed anyway, isn't he.
    TBH, even for me this looks standard but i'd be interested to see people's opinions.
  • edited September 2012
    villian 3x btn from such a shallow stack strengthens his range by quite a bit

what I do generally depends on my opinion of villian/table, but meh AJ looks pretty good given our stack size
  • edited September 2012
    Probably best chance you,ve got left to shove- I,d just be hoping to get HU esp against the button
  • edited September 2012
    An alternative view...call with the intention of shoving no matter what flop comes.  If you go all-in pre he's gonna call.  Shove after and he's gonna have to call to see 2 x cards as opposed to seeing 5 with an aipf.  JUst a thought.  Stop & go FTW. ;-)
  • edited September 2012
    It's obviously very read dependent but in a vacuum I fold and shove any two cards the next time it's unopened to me. With no fold equity and someone putting in over a third of their stack in front of me, I don't think I have the best hand often enough to make this shove profitably.

If he's been quiet up until now, then this is probably even more of a fold.

I wouldn't like the stop and go. He'd be looking at calling 43k to win 99k or so. He'd know that if we had a big hand we'd check it to him so he could bet it himself, so he'd almost certainly call with any decent pair, AK or AQ. The only hands we might get to fold would be hands we beat, which are hands we'd rather get it in against pre-flop (Though he shouldn't really fold anything with just 6BB behind and there should be no weak hands in his pre-flop range). I think it's definitely a fold or a shove pre-flop.

I wouldn't expect to be getting it in good here if I shove.