You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FT MTT AK 3 handed -

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Could I have played this any better or worse -
Someone tell me how bad this was please, I blame tiredness - I should 4 bet bigger right :S
oppo always rinsing me for value with prs ?
I just couldn't fold it -

what do we all put oppo on - thanks for replies in advance
It's just a guess the oppo hand thread really )

I'll reveal later

Hand History #567812317 (00:42 26/09/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
FlashFlush Small blind   4000.00 4000.00 206424.40
x Big blind   8000.00 12000.00 274682.52
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

rancid Raise   16000.00 28000.00 230893.08
FlashFlush Fold        
x Raise   24000.00 52000.00 250682.52
rancid Raise   48000.00 100000.00 182893.08
x Call   32000.00 132000.00 218682.52
Flop

• J

x Check        
rancid Check        
Turn

• J

x Bet   24000.00 156000.00 194682.52
rancid Call   24000.00 180000.00 158893.08
River

x Bet   48000.00 228000.00 146682.52
rancid Call   48000.00 276000.00 110893.08
x                ?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    4bet jam pre

b/c flop

readless I dont hate turn and river
  • edited September 2012
    100 per cent all in pre 
  • edited September 2012
    I only 4b small rather thanshove pre if villain is good and not flatting with these stacks .. well the only thing a good player should be flatting here is w/ KK/AA to trap u

I don't mind post flop at all - I imagine he's probs doing this w/ random cr ap enough times. 

But yh I def b/c flop

• edited September 2012

Min raise could be any Ax hand which does include A6 & A3.

AK isnt that great if you miss the flop IMO, but way played you could find a fold on the river bet.

PS. I never normally comment  on hands as I know zilch about poker......but I know that your Mr x went on to win this MTT so I guess you lost this hand. :(
  • edited September 2012
    This has to be a 4bet jam pre

if he has aa or kk so be it...

• edited September 2012
    I'll hazard a guess at AJ unsuited
  • edited September 2012
    At this stage you just needed to get it all in pre then you don't get the headaches if you miss.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: FT MTT AK 3 handed -:
    4bet jam pre b/c flop readless I dont hate turn and river
    Posted by grantorino
    Can I really b/c it off on the flop

4 bet jam pre, is this purely because there is 50k in middle and it's an easy shove right - am I more likely to get called by AQ/AJ or do we give oppo an ez fold - never folding out better - happy to be racing if oppo calls with pr right

Is there no merit in 4 betting smaller for oppo to shove/call with worse

when oppo flats my 4 bet I am thinking AA/KK/QQ - paint, mid/low prs -
    I am only beating bluffs/draws - feel I should fold river looking at it now
    guess I just called river because I wanted to know what oppo flatted my 4 bet with, reverse logic aye

• edited September 2012
    At this stage you just needed to get it all in pre then you don't get the headaches if you miss.
    Posted by FlashFlush

) gg

easy shove route is always best

+ given the fact it was my first 4 bet pot & in position - maybe not much of a headache
  • edited September 2012
    I only 4b small rather thanshove pre if villain is good and not flatting with these stacks .. well the only thing a good player should be flatting here is w/ KK/AA to trap u I don't mind post flop at all - I imagine he's probs doing this w/ random cr ap enough times.  But yh I def b/c flop
    Posted by percival09

yo lemon !

u say b/c flop aswel - i bet - oppo shoves and I call it off - really ?
  • edited September 2012
    Hi R

Fairly level stack sizes so maybe he tries to push you off initially ....is his conservative play trapping or fear? I don't now to be honest but i'll say KQ suited for the hell of it as two overs so willing to stay in pot but scared of J.
    Think strong four bet was probably required though as AK is so strong now. TBH i'd have AI'd. Mind ive just Ai'd twice with AK and got cld by  KJs and K9s both losing to same guy who went on to ai ten times in two levels with only two tables left so who knows anymore....its fun guessing though...
  • edited September 2012
    Yh. He's folding a lot - I have no idea what his 4b calling range is but I expect a lot of AK/AQ/smaller pairs that he'll fold. And even if we get it in behind we're still likely to have good equity w/ 2 overs. But yh I expect him to fold a lot 2 a cbet
  • edited September 2012
    Yh. He's folding a lot - I have no idea what his 4b calling range is but I expect a lot of AK/AQ/smaller pairs that he'll fold. And even if we get it in behind we're still likely to have good equity w/ 2 overs. But yh I expect him to fold a lot 2 a cbet
    Posted by percival09
    o right you mean c bet flop

see u say,  b/c - for me that's bet call - i bet - oppo shoves - I call :S
    The thought of calling off with 2 overs does make me shudder a little tbh

yeah I was going to c bet and probably should in a 4 bet pot
    maybe not good by me but I want oppo to bet turn with bluffs to include Ax's/draws
    if I c bet here oppo going to call with prs and then i have to fire turn and river !
    plus if I c bet oppo folds worse a lot ofc but I don't want oppo to fold worse