You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker Team in Vegas!

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

The Vegas Lite Winners Dan (Dantb10) and Tony (Haysie) plus Sky Poker regular James (BONZIE2) are well under way in their $1500 NL HE Event at the WSOP.

I've just uploaded a new blog with their progress after the 1st break so take a look in the Blog area. Myself and Tikay will be regularly updating the blogs page throughout the next week or two covering both this event and the $10,000 WSOP Main event featuring Will (Pokerbcity), Ben (Nutter5932) and Marco (Freelancer)

You can use this thread to rail them all throughout.

Go Team Sky Poker!

Adam

Comments

• edited June 2009
    hi adam glad ur having fun,,grrrrrrrr ,, no not jealous....lol.. good luck to all the guys b lukkkkkkkkkkkky
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Team in Vegas!:
    hi adam glad ur having fun,,grrrrrrrr ,, no not jealous....lol.. good luck to all the guys b lukkkkkkkkkkkky
    Posted by razorkev
    Thanks Kev

Unfortunately we had a bit of an issue today with those pesky pocket aces.

Tony gut busted by a villain with pocket aces, despite getting it all in on the flop with QcJc on a board of Kc10s7c

15 outs made tony fav against the bullets but he just couldn't hit :-( and sadly that was the end, but finishing around 1350th out of over 2800, after 6 hours play is no mean feat!

Moments later Dan got crippled when he raised it up with Big Slick, found one caller and hit a rainbow K high flop. All the chips went in but sadly his opponent had the goods again in the form of AA....

Despite this, Dan has worked his way up from just 3 big blinds to over 8000 chips, we'll give you all an update on how he finished up later today.

Finally, James had a tough time, after being moved to a new table with around 15 BB's he didn't play a hand for an hour. Then finally, with his tight table image assured, he picked up KK under the gun. Having just 8 BB's he chose to shove all in and was instant called by the player in the very next seat. Everyone else folded and the villain flipped over A10 (!) , an A hit on the flop and the rest is history....

Nevertheless we are all very proud of the way Tony and James played today in an ultra competitive field, don't miss out on tomorrow's Vegas update which will include an update on Dan's attempt to conquer the WSOP event having been down to just 3 BB's!
  • edited June 2009

There are numerous Blogs from Vegas now, words & pics galore, & Filmed Interviews are up on the WSOP section of the Website.

If you cannot find them, let us know, & we'll stick up a Link.

Day Two of the $1,500 starts ar 2pm Local (10pm UK), & we hope to be able to Post Dan's situation as it develops, in near real-time.

A full Tourney Report by Adam Harmer will also be in the Blog Section imminently.

I've also stuck up a bunch of Blogs with heaps of Vegas 'photos.

My next Blog will include photos of many of the "faces" I've seen here, including several of Gus Hansen in the $50,000 HORSE Event.

So, go to the Blog section, lots of stuf to see there, also the WSOP Section for Filmed Interviews.

I thank you. I thank YOU. I THANK you.

PS - Yes, I'm slightly mad. It's the sun.
  • edited June 2009

Hi All,

The latest WSOP Blog is now Up on the site guys

You can click through here   to read a review of day 1 and a preview of Day 2 which begins in around 30 mins time at 2pm local time, 10pm UK time.

We are all off to the card room now to rail dan who is currently placed within the money!

GOOD LUCK DAN