You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl, make trips otr and backraised all in. weird spot?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I'm readless, but even if I had reads they'd prob be useless.

Only playing £23 so maybe not the best player. Deffo not a reg, never seen him before. Same with SB.

Checking turn may be a mistake?

I have to raise the river against Aonachans stack, and chicos likely weak range?

But once Chico back raises me all in, what's he supposed to have???

Something similar to me?

Is it a call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Aonachan Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £13.11
chico55 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £23.77
 Your hole cards
  • A

Jrvs Fold     
johnnyd117 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £45.93
KKrippler Fold     
Aonachan Call  £0.75 £2.10 £12.36
chico55 Call  £0.60 £2.70 £23.17
Flop

• A
  • Q

Aonachan Check     
chico55 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.80 £4.50 £44.13
Aonachan Call  £1.80 £6.30 £10.56
chico55 Call  £1.80 £8.10 £21.37
Turn

Aonachan Check     
chico55 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

• A

Aonachan Bet  £1.20 £9.30 £9.36
chico55 Call  £1.20 £10.50 £20.17
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £15.50 £39.13
Aonachan Fold     
chico55 All-in  £20.17 £35.67 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited September 2012
    WTF!?!? 

Pre, flop and turn are all fine. I think raising the river is fine especially with the bet sizing and given aonachan's stack. 

I think the river has to be a sigh fold. I mean what on earth is he doing that with that we beat? It's surely never a bluff and if it is it's borderline genius.

Would really hate having to fold though purely because is line makes noooooo sense at all and when things don't make sense I generally call!

• edited September 2012
    I would be extremly suprised if you weren't out kicked here, although the flat then raise is confusing. I probably call because im spewy but doubt it is the right play
  • edited September 2012
    I don't think it's bordering on genius, I think it's just a bad bluff... and I call because it makes no sense. It kinda looks as though he can't win by calling so he thinks he can make you fold by bluffing. Your check on the turn means you almost never have a big Ace or a house, so he might be thinking that you can't possibly call his shove.

I would call. I don't think he ever calls the initial river bet with AJ or AT and if he does, he doesn't then 3-bet with those. He wouldn't flat the river bet with a house, either. I think it's nothing that beats us.

It would be super-strange play from an AJ or AT but it's never, ever going to be AQ or AK. No 3-bet pre-flop and no raise on the wet flop (added to the river play) rule those out. I think his range is heavily weighted towards bluffs.
  • edited September 2012
    I remember this hand.

Played this guy a bit, he can stack of light.

The river reraise is a horrible spot, its a fold cause he's never bluffing but the guy played it unorthodox.

Dont think you should call the river reraise.
  • edited September 2012
    He can definitely have a full house!!  

FLOP Doh cbets flop 3 handed, chicoo thinks doh will have alot of aces to cbet 3handed especially if he has been raising a standard range. The c/c on the flop keeps flopped sets in his range. 
    TURN Turn is a brick, Chicoo can expect Dohh to continue with his aces on this board.. FD's out there etc. But doh checks back.

RIVER Really weak lead by anachan, chico knows a raise will fold out 99% of anachans hand and allow dohh to fold some queens etc. He might call river to induce a raise from Dohh with an ace / bluff and gain the extra call from a queennetc. 

If he flops a set combinatorically he will expect dohhh to have the ace. 

Only other hand that might make sense is a pair and FD. 

• edited September 2012
    I bet ott and fold to his 3bet otr
  • edited September 2012
    "Combinatorically"?

Anyway, I think that's a pretty unusual line for anyone to take with a set of threes on that flop. (It's highly unlikely that he has QQ and AA) Alright, sometimes players don't raise with bottom set on an AQ-high board, with two clubs. Most of the time players will raise, especially after a bet and a call on a board that screams to have hit the range of the other players.

On the turn, of course they would check to the aggressor if they had just called the flop.

The river is where you lose me. I can accept that every so often someone will get a bit tricky but far, far more often with a full house they're just going to raise after the small lead. If they want more value, they're not going to make a call and hope that they get an extra £1.20 from the chap behind them, they're going to raise to try to stack the leader and maybe still get more from the third man anyway.

I think the chances of this guy having 33 are really, really slim. If he has it, then he's played it extremely bizarrely and I'm not fussed about paying him off. Much more often this has to be a bluff, surely.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm not going to berate anyone for folding in this spot, by the way. It's a really weird hand. I'm not even sure I'm right but the logic makes sense in my mind to say we're probably good.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to 30nl, make trips otr and backraised all in. weird spot?:
    I'm readless, but even if I had reads they'd prob be useless. Only playing £23 so maybe not the best player. Deffo not a reg, never seen him before. Same with SB. Checking turn may be a mistake? I have to raise the river against Aonachans stack, and chicos likely weak range? But once Chico back raises me all in, what's he supposed to have??? Something similar to me? Is it a call? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Aonachan Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £13.11 chico55 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £23.77   Your hole cards A 9       Jrvs Fold         johnnyd117 Fold         DOHHHHHHH Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £45.93 KKrippler Fold         Aonachan Call   £0.75 £2.10 £12.36 chico55 Call   £0.60 £2.70 £23.17 Flop     3 A Q       Aonachan Check         chico55 Check         DOHHHHHHH Bet   £1.80 £4.50 £44.13 Aonachan Call   £1.80 £6.30 £10.56 chico55 Call   £1.80 £8.10 £21.37 Turn     7       Aonachan Check         chico55 Check         DOHHHHHHH Check         River     A       Aonachan Bet   £1.20 £9.30 £9.36 chico55 Call   £1.20 £10.50 £20.17 DOHHHHHHH Raise   £5.00 £15.50 £39.13 Aonachan Fold         chico55 All-in   £20.17 £35.67 £0.00 DOHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1

• edited September 2012
    I've no idea wtf villain is doing, and I has trips, call
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 30nl, make trips otr and backraised all in. weird spot?:
    I've no idea wtf villain is doing, and I has trips, call
    Posted by grantorino
    Such openly/ obvious weird lines are nuts > bluffs

• edited September 2012
    "Combinatorically"? 
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah as in, if Chico has an ace he knows there are less combos of aces out. If he has flopped a set he knows twice as many combos o Ax are out. Leaning his range closer to 33. Could also be a misclik call. I just fold here. DOHHHH?? 
  • edited September 2012
    lol - so weird - gotta call just to be curious )

could be some mad "I have a Q, no way DOhhhhhhhhh you never have an ace so i raise u bruva !"
  • edited September 2012
    It's tough when I don't think they're ever bluffing, but I can't work out what they might have either. 

I thought maybe A2 or A3 suited or something

"I think the chances of this guy having 33 are really, really slim."

So did I BL! ;) lol.

Ofc I posted coz I lost, I lost coz he had poquet 3s! 
  • edited September 2012
    just letting u know that this is the sort of hand that you might want to include in your notes, rather than 'guy can play'. That's right, I'm never letting that go.
  • edited September 2012
    initial plan would be to raise and fold to the original better if he re-opened the action. As played I can see myself doing a wat on earth wat u do dat for I CAWL play and making a note. 

I do enojy how you give up on trying to get reads so easily.
  • edited September 2012
    one of dohhhs notes....

"really good or really bad? 

u decide..."

• edited September 2012
    one of dohhhs notes.... "really good or really bad?  u decide..."
    Posted by percival09
    Lmao, I thought my notes were bad. Sadly though he's probably got much better mental notes than me.
  • edited September 2012
    He can definitely have a full house!!   FLOP Doh cbets flop 3 handed, chicoo thinks doh will have alot of aces to cbet 3handed especially if he has been raising a standard range. The c/c on the flop keeps flopped sets in his range.  TURN Turn is a brick, Chicoo can expect Dohh to continue with his aces on this board.. FD's out there etc. But doh checks back. RIVER Really weak lead by anachan, chico knows a raise will fold out 99% of anachans hand and allow dohh to fold some queens etc. He might call river to induce a raise from Dohh with an ace / bluff and gain the extra call from a queennetc.  If he flops a set combinatorically he will expect dohhh to have the ace.  Only other hand that might make sense is a pair and FD. 
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    I dont really disagree, but you are giving an unknown villain a lot of credit imo

As for nuts />bluff maybe, but he may think worse hands than we have are the nuts. idk its prob a fold, but that line is so weird I have no idea, could easily be a misclick
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 30nl, make trips otr and backraised all in. weird spot? : I dont really disagree, but you are giving an unknown villain a lot of credit imo As for nuts />bluff maybe, but he may think worse hands than we have are the nuts. idk its prob a fold, but that line is so weird I have no idea, could easily be a misclick
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah i know the way that post was written was laboured.. but i was trying to replicate how some weird players think. 

It doesnt take a deep level thinker to know dohhh would squeeze the river with an ace. 

He is basically never doing this for value with worse imo, if he has just Ax he will not expect Dohh to also have an ace and will not play the river like this. 
  • edited September 2012
    can he not have A7 and be planning a chck raise on turn?

his bet on the river looks like its trying to induce a raise, against a reg my plan on the river would be raise fold and i think the amount youve raised to makes this a fine fold.

however against an unkown i pretty much snap