You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer...

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone

We wanted to let you know about our 'Kings of Cash' promotion for October.

The promotion will be split into 3 tiers, ‘Lower, Middle and Upper' and are based on cash games played at the following blind levels:

Lower - Small blind  2p-10p with £2,000 of cash prizes
Middle
- Small blind 15p-25p with £5,000 of cash prizes
Upper
 - Small blind 50p+  with £8,000 of cash prizes

You can qualify for a prize in more than one tier too.

On top of that, there is going to be a £5,000 Freeroll for people who earn 1,000+ poker points (on cash, MTTs or STTs) in the month of October.

See
here for full details on how to take part etc.

Start now by entering the promo code KING

Good luck!
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Great promotion, and will definitely encourage me to put in the extra volume to meet my end of October target. Love that it's broken down into different levels of stakes.
  • edited September 2012
    Three levels, well done Sky - MASSIVE THUMBS UP

ok first confused question

are poker points and cash for points the same thing ?

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer...:
    Three levels, well done Sky - MASSIVE THUMBS UP ok first confused question are poker points and cash for points the same thing ?
    Posted by rancid
    Hi Rancid

Glad you like it.

Poker points are what you earn (and are shown on the homepage 'widget') and Cash for Points is how we reward / pay people for the points they earn each month.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited September 2012

Important note - you MUST "Opt-IN" to be part of the "Kings of Cash" thing.

If you do not "opt-in", you will NOT be eligible.

You can opt-in NOW, if you wish - so you don't forget on Monday - but you don't have to opt-in yet.

It will start at 00.01 on Monday.

There is nothing to prevent you opting in NOW if you wish.

To Opt-In, go to "My Account" & enter the Promo Code "KING".

If you Opt-in AFTER 20th October, it will NOT count.

• edited September 2012
    Three levels, well done Sky - MASSIVE THUMBS UP ok first confused question are poker points and cash for points the same thing ?
    Posted by rancid
    Lol how long have you been on the site Rancid! Poker points are what you earn essentially by paying rake (and how you earn cash/rakeback).

The only other points were league points and I don't even think they exist anymore.

EDIT: Already on it Tikay, I'm in!
  • edited September 2012
    Done ain't ballsing this freeroll op up
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer... : Hi Rancid Glad you like it. Poker points are what you earn (and are shown on the homepage 'widget') and Cash for Points is how we reward / pay people for the points they earn each month. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

ok ofc, cash is paid out based on the number of poker points you gain
    Not to be confused with league points :S
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer... : Lol how long have you been on the site Rancid! Poker points are what you earn essentially by paying rake (and how you earn cash/rakeback). The only other points were league points and I don't even think they exist anymore. EDIT: Already on it Tikay, I'm in!
    Posted by Lambert180

I just win money - points just confuse me tbh, initially I was getting league and poker points mixed up but now my mind is clear and my boots are empty - fetch me a beer and I'll show you a good time baby !
    I though maybe this "KING" was based on league ppoint but it's not so...... BONUS TIME !

• edited September 2012
    time to change my plans.

i was taking a break til nxt friday when c4p were paid but thats now out the window.

like the fact that theres been a split into different levels and should give most players something to aim at
  • edited September 2012
    Fantastic promotion. Had a nice 10 day break from poker over the end of this month so will certainly be grinding hard come next week.

Cheers Sky
  • edited September 2012
    Great promotion should be easy enough 2 earn 1k in points nice 1 sky great stuff :)
  • edited September 2012
    Anyone fancy taking some guesses about what you'll need to get top 20 or who you think will win each category?

I reckon to scrape in the top 20 for the low stakes you probably need to earn abuot 4,000 poker points, 10k will probably be a win.

EDIT: TinTin to win the low stakes one if he puts his usual volume in and does it at 10NL.
  • edited September 2012
    Anyone fancy taking some guesses about what you'll need to get top 20 or who you think will win each category? I reckon to scrape in the top 20 for the low stakes you probably need to earn abuot 4,000 poker points, 10k will probably be a win. EDIT: TinTin to win the low stakes one if he puts his usual volume in and does it at 10NL.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Probabaly about 10,000 - makes sense to play top cash level in the tier though
    Maybe worth paying action tables
    If TINTIN does same volume at NL20 - looking at 13,000 points
    Thats some sick volume though - think I will aim for about 6,000 if I am lucky -
    Be intrested to know what points a 6-8 hour a day grinder gets at NL20 -
    How many raked hands an hour - about 20 ?

Action Table Limits:

Table Limits

Raked Hands

Old Points

New Points

0.05/0.05

0.10/0.10

0.20/0.20

Normal

Table Limits

Raked Hands

Old Points

New Points

0.02/0.04

0.04/0.08

0.05/0.10

0.10/0.20

• edited September 2012
    Oh I was thinking 10NL was the top cash level - sigh!

I saw 10p and assumed that was the BB not the SB. Oh well, that means, it's gonna be a bit tricky for me to get in, but hey that won't deter me from trying, and at least getting ni the 5k freeroll minimum.

So yeah 10k-ish is probably needed to get in the top 20
  • edited September 2012
    yey leaderboard !

R.I.P sit and go's  .
  • edited September 2012
    Anyone fancy taking some guesses about what you'll need to get top 20 or who you think will win each category? I reckon to scrape in the top 20 for the low stakes you probably need to earn abuot 4,000 poker points, 10k will probably be a win. EDIT: TinTin to win the low stakes one if he puts his usual volume in and does it at 10NL.
    Posted by Lambert180
    im flattered that some are quoting me to be near the top of the lower limit leaderboard but to be honest i dont expect to be anywhere near it (well to start with anyway)

i emptied pretty much all my account on tuesday as i had several things crop up with i needed my funds for short term wise, hence why i was gonna wait til my c4p dropped into my account nxt week before playing again.

i think i will be able to make a small deposit on monday to get me going til friday comes around but even then i would have a skinny roll to attack nl10 and tbh i would need to run good in first few days to feel just slightly comfortable with the number of buyins i would have. i really doubt i would even venture near a nl20 table at any point in the month.

i made 10k points playing 6 tables a few months back and know if i can get comfy at nl10 pretty quick and with the abilty to play 12 tables now (thanks new pc) then i could pass the 15k mark. i have no idea what nl20 grinders could acheive but there must be a few who can do that and possibly more.

i will of course give it a try, but who knows what kind of start i will be giving people
  • edited September 2012
    Cash prizes are the wrong way round. should be 8K to the micros and 2K to the high. 

I'll be registering the code for the freeroll and not buring myself out.. hope some of the 50nl mass tabling regs get burnt out competing with those at 200nl... lol
  • edited September 2012
    Dunno why you expect 50nl people to be compeing with 200nl people ^

Surpised someone hasn't moaned about cash being given a promotion and not mtts/sngs, apart from 1267s slight dig but he moans about evrything so that dosent count

Let the competition of who is gunna leave their house the least begin, i expect the people from varna to win because well, they aint got anyhting worth leaving the house for.
  • edited September 2012
    hmmm desision now for me.. do i spend october playing cash instead of mtts, always wanted to go back and play cash this may tempt me! im always up for a challenge.
  • edited September 2012
    Any one want a wager for the low limits section? We can set up some sort of payment/pints at an spt if we all agree to go to one in the future or something? Makes it more competitive. Msg me on here or pm if interested

Anyone playing 10/20p or lower welcome obv.
  • edited September 2012

Great Promotion, n1 Sky Poker
  • edited September 2012
    Like the looks of this.

I think the triple tier + freeroll for all is a great feature.
  • edited September 2012
    nice promo sky just going to opt in now
  • edited September 2012
    Dunno why you expect 50nl people to be compeing with 200nl people ^ Surpised someone hasn't moaned about cash being given a promotion and not mtts/sngs, apart from 1267s slight dig but he moans about evrything so that dosent count Let the competition of who is gunna leave their house the least begin, i expect the people from varna to win because well, they aint got anyhting worth leaving the house for.
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    nl50 is middle tier
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer... : nl50 is middle tier
    Posted by rancid
    I know..
  • edited September 2012
    By the beard of Zeus. that was exactly my point... no need to tell everyone tho!!!! Some may not have noticed....

sad face now. 
  • edited September 2012
    You know its a bad joke when you have to point out it was a joke
  • edited September 2012
    I'm pretty wise, like a miniture budda covered with hair but tbh it wasn't even a joke. Truth. 
  • edited September 2012
    Dunno why you expect 50nl people to be compeing with 200nl people ^ Surpised someone hasn't moaned about cash being given a promotion and not mtts/sngs, apart from 1267s slight dig but he moans about evrything so that dosent count Let the competition of who is gunna leave their house the least begin, i expect the people from varna to win because well, they aint got anyhting worth leaving the house for.
    Posted by CrazyBen23
      Absolutely classic
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 'Kings of Cash' - £20,000 of cash on offer... : I know..
    Posted by CrazyBen23

o no you didn't )