You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Vic

edited September 2012 in Poker Chat
i maybe heading to play there tonight. I have never been before but have heard good things about the place.

Anybody played before whats the general opinions?

Do they provide parking?

will there be games running for 0.5/1 and 1/1 stakes or will it mainly be big stakes? is it full of sharks?

anything i should know about the place?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    There is a free underground car park on Brendan Street.  Esay to get to. 

Sometimes you'll find some parking on the road outside of the Vic.

1/1 should be running 24/7 as does 1/2 and 1/3. The Vic has a twitter account that updates the cash games on a regular basis.

• edited September 2012
    Possibly my least favourite card room in the country, nay, the world. 

Once spent 2 hours waiting for a table, whilst I literally watched as regulars just walked straight in. Had a massive rant and left once.

That being said, the fillet steak is amazing. Ask for garlic butter on top. Have spent a lot of time in the restaurant because the card room is too inept, stubborn or stupid to open more tables or manage their players properly. 

• edited September 2012
    In Response to The Vic:
    i maybe heading to play there tonight. I have never been before but have heard good things about the place. Anybody played before whats the general opinions? Do they provide parking? will there be games running for 0.5/1 and 1/1 stakes or will it mainly be big stakes? is it full of sharks? anything i should know about the place?
    Posted by jams88
    theres a massive car park and its free
  • edited September 2012
    Mixed reviews then but he free parking is a + as if go to Luton to play then have to pay to park which is a tad annoying
  • edited September 2012
    try aspers at stratford - good 1/1 & 1/2 games - lots of soft money in the 1/1 )
  • edited September 2012
    Im from watford so strattford is abit of a trek! I wouldnt normally think of going as far as the Vic to play but i have some mates heading that way