You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

[Brag] My terrible play.. or was it!?

The more I look over this hand the more I can't believe what he was thinking.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I'm posting this hand as I like to spectate the NL10 tables when they have some 200BB people on them, and when I see them shoving on 2nd pairs etc I instantly buy in for the max and play super tight - knowing that I can get pushed around but then get paid when I hit hard.

This is an example of how table selection can get you paid even when your actual play in the hand is pretty terrible and will get sniffed out by anyone with a braincell, but knowing your villain will help you in getting the most out of them as they will never lay 2nd best hands down.

I think against anyone who I respect I'm obviously raising a bit more on the flop and betting the turn when it's 3 way, but sometimes against a loose spewey fish I like to take a different line knowing they pay me off with a pair or weaker flush on a reeeeally wet board. Also, I've been playing mostly 2p/4p tables after an initial bankroll of £1.40, and was putting half my sky bankroll on the line here - i dont advise this to anyone unless u have strict plan and select your villains!

Hand History #208593825 (00:21 23/11/2009)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    crow01 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £37.73
    badger1029 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £13.31
      Your hole cards
    • A

Deadluck Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £19.58
    leaker Call   £0.30 £0.75 £14.05
    Braincells Call   £0.30 £1.05 £5.78
    SPEW Call   £0.30 £1.35 £17.97
    crow01 Fold        
    badger1029 Call   £0.20 £1.55 £13.11
    Flop

• K

badger1029 Check        
    Deadluck Check        
    leaker Check        
    Braincells Check        
    SPEW Bet   £0.20 £1.75 £17.77
    badger1029 Call   £0.20 £1.95 £12.91
    Deadluck Raise   £0.40 £2.35 £19.18
    leaker Fold        
    Braincells Fold        
    SPEW Call   £0.20 £2.55 £17.57
    badger1029 Call   £0.20 £2.75 £12.71
    Turn

badger1029 Check        
    Deadluck Check        
    SPEW Check        
    River

badger1029 Check        
    Deadluck Bet   £2.06 £4.81 £17.12
    SPEW Raise   £4.12 £8.93 £13.45
    badger1029 Fold        
    Deadluck All-in   £17.12 £26.05 £0.00
    SPEW All-in   £13.45 £39.50 £0.00
    Deadluck Unmatched bet   £1.61 £37.89 £1.61
    Deadluck Show
    • A

SPEW Show

Deadluck Win Flush to the Ace £36.09   £37.70
  • edited November 2009
    May take some of your tactics :)

How do you post hands bud?
  • edited November 2009
    Dont be results orientated... your just lucky he reraised on the river.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: [Brag] Terrible play.. or was it!?:
    Dont be results orientated... your just lucky he reraised on the river.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    No, I had seen him do it on two occasions previous to this and reload both times to 200bb. I saw an opportunity, followed the same line, and it worked.

My point is that when you see a fish pay off a loose hand with 2 rags (ie. he called a raise with T3 pre), it can work to take a different approach to a standard TAG line, knowing that as long as the board doesn't pair I'm getting paid off.
  • edited November 2009
    meh you turn your hand face up pretty much. ofc this doesnt matter at these stakes but getting to the river with so much behind and the nuts can never be good.
  • edited November 2009
    I think he read somewhere if you are on the button you should win most of the time. Dont think he fully realised what was ment by that....
  • edited November 2009
    think u was lucky cause noway i would have gone allin on that flop 
  • edited November 2009

I think you've played that hand very well, you've hit the nuts on the flop, but your betting pattern (especially the check on the turn) makes it look as though your looking for a 4th club to make your flush.

As a result, when the river comes 10s your loose/donkish opponent thinks he's ahead with his 2pair. If you know your opponent has been overvaluing his hands, the re-raise all-in is a good move on the river as he'll call you, as he's loose, and has a big stack to play with. 

If you'd have bet any bigger on earlier streets he'd have folded, so you managed to get value by letting them see all 5 cards. Checking the turn also lets badger1029 see another card, if they're chasing a flush this is again a good move as you'll take a bit of cash off them if the river comes a club.

• edited November 2009
    A great result, and a great advert for what you are saying. Study your opponent, fantastic. Bet you can't wait to see him again!
  • edited November 2009
    I cashed out that night so I don't continue playing out of my stakes (this can be disasterous!)

So I've reverted to milking the 2p/4p tables for a while ;)

Thanks for the criticism, yes it's fairly results oriented but my point stands. Picking your villains pays!
  • edited November 2009
    what the...?? easiest £20 you'll ever make :D
  • edited November 2009

its lucky you hit the nuts flush off off the flop, eles you could of been caught there, i love the picking your opponents and watching them befor sitting down thats clever, put if you hit A 6 pre flop and first to act its hand you really shud b pushing because its easily beaten and remember being suited only adds about 2 or 3% to ur chances????? but i will use your tactics of watching a table first!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry Bellamy but your post makes little sense to me. Learn to play cash and you'll find A6s is perfectly fine 6handed. particularly for reasons previously stated.