You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

kk deep stacked pretty dry board for a 3bet pot

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a reg who has built their role from playing through the levels. Some history neother of us get to funky though so i can presume he is raising for value more often than bluffing. Do we fold thinking set as river will be faceing a large bet again possibly shove
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jams88 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £56.69
VINEY73 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.10
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

spartikas Fold        
AJ_Rockets Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £51.13
jams88 Raise   £2.70 £4.05 £53.99
VINEY73 Fold        
AJ_Rockets Call   £1.95 £6.00 £49.18
Flop

• Q

jams88 Bet   £3.90 £9.90 £50.09
AJ_Rockets Call   £3.90 £13.80 £45.28
Turn

jams88 Bet   £8.10 £21.90 £41.99
AJ_Rockets Raise   £17.50 £39.40 £27.78
jams88 Fold        

Comments

• edited September 2012

Haven't you answered your own question?

If he's only ever raising for value, the only questions are; Would he consider Qx to be a value hand? And would he think that you could call or get it in with worse if he raises?

• edited September 2012
    I would call and c/c river unless you have particular reads
  • edited September 2012
    i was thinking that my line looks so strong that he must put me on what i have near enough so would only be raising with better, but then i thought if he has better why not flat and shove river. over thiking too much and leveled myself again maybe :s
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: kk deep stacked pretty dry board for a 3bet pot:
    I would call and c/c river unless you have particular reads
    Posted by grantorino
    is it bad that i would take this line 100bb deep but as we are both on a good session and are deeper i wimped out
  • edited September 2012
    Well, he might be raising the turn now if he has a set because he doesn't want a 3, 4, 8, etc to come and let you off the hook with an overpair. I'm not suggesting that's definitely why he'd raise here if he has a big hand but it's a possibility.

You should need a bigger hand to get 200BB in than you would with 100BB, or particular history with the player. So no it's not bad to consider that. It's bad to consider folding just because you're in profit and don't want to risk losing it.

Since you folded, you're never going to know if you were right. Going with your reads isn't a bad thing, though. If you thought at the time that he wouldn't raise with worse than KK, then you should be happy with the fold.