You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was this really wreckless

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
yh i won the hand but was it a good or bad spot to move in??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nutsy11 Small blind   50.00 50.00 14980.00
schnitzel Big blind   100.00 150.00 3565.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

gooligan Call   100.00 250.00 17229.00
miike75 Call   100.00 350.00 14950.00
samboram45 Raise   500.00 850.00 3018.50
FATJIM Fold        
nutsy11 Fold        
schnitzel Fold        
gooligan Call   400.00 1250.00 16829.00
miike75 Call   400.00 1650.00 14550.00
Flop

gooligan Check        
miike75 Check        
samboram45 Bet   825.00 2475.00 2193.50
gooligan Fold        
miike75 Call   825.00 3300.00 13725.00
Turn

miike75 Check        
samboram45 All-in   2193.50 5493.50 0.00
miike75 Call   2193.50 7687.00 11531.50
miike75 Show
  • Q

samboram45 Show
  • A

River

samboram45 Win Pair of 10s 7687.00   7687.00

Comments

• edited September 2012
    check back flop imo

prob check back turn too
  • edited September 2012
    Just horrible poker imo.

Yeah really wreckless.  I dont mind the line post flop so much, just bet sizings and your stack in relation to oppos.
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    Hi S

Yes it's rash....very. Did u think u we're ahead as ace? If not then you had 7 outs to improve so you shouldn't be expecting it and opponents big stack will follow you with any chance of catching. He had flush draw so wasn't going to be blown off pot especially 1/2 pots bets. Never mind we've all had someone winning a lucky pot...it was ur turn here!

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: was this really wreckless:
    Hi S Yes it's rash....very. Did u think u we're ahead as ace? If not then you had 7 outs to improve so you shouldn't be expecting it and opponents big stack will follow you with any chance of catching. He had flush draw so wasn't going to be blown off pot especially 1/2 pots bets. Never mind we've all had someone winning a lucky pot...it was ur turn here!
    Posted by profman15
    hello prof  , yes was terrible play , tbh i wasnt really thinkin, jus clicking  buttonds and nt concentrating , anyway onwardds and upwards
  • edited September 2012
    I'd make the pre-flop raise a bit smaller. When really big stacks limp into a pot, they're unlikely to fold to any raise short of one that obviously commits you. If you make it 1000 here, that might get two folds but you don't want to do that. I'd go to 400, if I were to raise.

Personally, I don't raise pre-flop unless I've seen these two check-fold on alot of flops and if I don't think they're ever limping with AQ, AJ, AT, A9 or 88+. I want to know that if I hit top-pair, I'm likely to be good. Essentially when you make your raise, you know it's likely that you're going to be playing the flop three-handed.

If you don't have those reads, then I think you can just limp behind or even play it really tight and just fold.

The flop is really bad for your raising range and really good for their limp-calling ranges. People raise with hands like two high cards and big pocket pairs. Your opponents know that so will probably think this flop hasn't improved your hand, which it hasn't. Limp-callers ranges however are likely to contain small pairs and suited connectors. Those hands are very likely to have hit this board. So when you c-bet this board into two players, the only strong hands you're really representing are big pairs. However, players don't limp-call only to then fold on boards where they've hit a draw or top-pair and on this board it's very likely that one of your two opponents has something. Therefore you probably shouldn't c-bet as you probably won't get them to fold.

When you get to the turn and it's checked to you, with 3300 in the pot and only 2200 back, your opponent isn't likely to fold anything that beats you when you shove. Any hand that calls the flop is likely to call a shove on the turn and you only beat the flush draw.

I'd probably check behind on the turn and hope to see a cheap showdown.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: was this really wreckless:
    I'd make the pre-flop raise a bit smaller. When really big stacks limp into a pot, they're unlikely to fold to any raise short of one that obviously commits you. If you make it 1000 here, that might get two folds but you don't want to do that. I'd go to 400, if I were to raise. Personally, I don't raise pre-flop unless I've seen these two check-fold on alot of flops and if I don't think they're ever limping with AQ, AJ, AT, A9 or 88+. I want to know that if I hit top-pair, I'm likely to be good. Essentially when you make your raise, you know it's likely that you're going to be playing the flop three-handed. If you don't have those reads, then I think you can just limp behind or even play it really tight and just fold. The flop is really bad for your raising range and really good for their limp-calling ranges. People raise with hands like two high cards and big pocket pairs. Your opponents know that so will probably think this flop hasn't improved your hand, which it hasn't. Limp-callers ranges however are likely to contain small pairs and suited connectors. Those hands are very likely to have hit this board. So when you c-bet this board into two players, the only strong hands you're really representing are big pairs. However, players don't limp-call only to then fold on boards where they've hit a draw or top-pair and on this board it's very likely that one of your two opponents has something. Therefore you probably shouldn't c-bet as you probably won't get them to fold. When you get to the turn and it's checked to you, with 3300 in the pot and only 2200 back, your opponent isn't likely to fold anything that beats you when you shove. Any hand that calls the flop is likely to call a shove on the turn and you only beat the flush draw. I'd probably check behind on the turn and hope to see a cheap showdown.
    Posted by BorinLoner

Thanks for such in depth reply , after lookin bk at the hand , u are spot on , thnks a vlot