You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

8NL - Check behind on river?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Obviously I can see here, the check behind saved me money, but long term is this the correct play? I just didn't feel I could get any more value out of worse hands by the river.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PairedLady Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £6.41
HUFFER000 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.35
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

geordie108 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £2.09
fulteee Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £0.32 £0.52 £18.13
PairedLady Call   £0.28 £0.80 £6.13
HUFFER000 Fold        
geordie108 Call   £0.24 £1.04 £1.85
Flop

PairedLady Check        
geordie108 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.55 £1.59 £17.58
PairedLady Call   £0.55 £2.14 £5.58
geordie108 Fold        
Turn

PairedLady Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.22 £3.36 £16.36
PairedLady Call   £1.22 £4.58 £4.36
River

• A

PairedLady Check        
Lambert180 Check        
PairedLady Show
  • A

Lambert180 Muck
  • Q
  • Q

PairedLady Win Two Pairs, Aces and 6s £4.23   £8.59

Comments

• edited October 2012
    why u betting so small on flop and turn?

I think it's a vbet on the river yh
  • edited October 2012
    Bet flop and turn bigger

River is close, prob b/f
  • edited October 2012
    betting is too small.

you're missing huge value by checking behind river
  • edited October 2012
    i have to see i agree with above ive seen a few of your hands and you bet line is always same which is good but bring it up a notch instead of half pot bet 2/3s of the pot mate and yea this is a 100 percent check on river only getting called with better altho no matter what you bet i think you were going to be getting called just note the player and punish him next time round
  • edited October 2012

massivly depends on villain and how strong there show down ranges have been previously, i would bet most of the time on river against U/K and expect a call by some 7's 8-jjs, and some Axdd hands.. obv take a note and adjust wen seen cards ..

• edited October 2012
    betting is really small 3 way im betting nearly 80 p on this flop then £1.60 on turn 
  • edited October 2012
    I've said before that I think betting half-pot on the flop is fine. I do think you need to bet more on the turn, though. You have a strong hand and your opponent has shown interest on the flop. Charge them more here to make it easier to stack them on the river.

When the river hits the Ace, you shouldn't be too afraid. I'd have built a bigger pot by now so would just be moving all-in. I doubt you would be called by worse for that much now, so I guess a smaller value-bet of half-pot or maybe less would be fine.

Folding for the rest would be difficult. I think I would end up calling then rebuking myself for it.