You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just poker...yes?

Hii guys
My opponent had caught AA twice and not slow played. She had bet out with raises whenever she had a viable hand but otherwise had played fit/fold poker even calling bets wth top pr/middle pr w/ poor kicker and str8 and flush  draws.. so i thought xmas had come early...unfortunately set over set though the donk bet wasn't a worry. My reraise was hopefully to get the raise. Was my reraise ai ok? Should i have done something else. I think, i was expecting AK and AA. Could i have considered the set and been able to fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebewhereallSmall blind 40.0040.004242.50rainman397Big blind 80.00120.005055.00 Your hole cards33   profman15Raise 160.00280.006968.34777
Call 160.00440.002652.08drylinerFold    DarntootinFold    bewhereallFold    rainman397Call 80.00520.004975.00Flop  K83   rainman397Bet 260.00780.004715.00profman15Raise 780.001560.006188.34777
Raise 1300.002860.001352.08rainman397Call 1040.003900.003675.00profman15All-in 6188.3410088.340.00777
All-in 1352.0811440.420.00rainman397Fold    profman15Unmatched bet 4316.267124.164316.26profman15Show33   777
Show88   Turn  Q   River  K   777
WinFull House, 8s and Kings7124.16 7124.16

Comments

• edited October 2012
    standard stuff here no getting away from this i like way u played it aswell raising the flop to play for stacks
  • edited October 2012
    I wouldnt be minraising as standard this deep, but it's ok

Flop is fine, with your reads I'm not fist pumping , but dont think u have enough info to consider folding a set
  • edited October 2012
    can never fold a set i mean never it would be wrong to fold a set ever even if u had reads u cant fold a set just madness lol
  • edited October 2012
    Profman, how can you put AA/AK in their range? These seem unlikely as opponent only calls your min raise pre flop.............
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Just poker...yes?:
    can never fold a set i mean never it would be wrong to fold a set ever even if u had reads u cant fold a set just madness lol
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    If reads were over a bigger  sample I would prob fold. Cold 3b on a bone dry board, looks really like 88
  • edited October 2012
    Profman, how can you put AA/AK in their range? These seem unlikely as opponent only calls your min raise pre flop.............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Hi Dohhhhhh

Actually AA and AK because this player had had AA twice and played the same way both times( slow played by limping). Her play had been fit/fold. I had reason to believe from her previous play that she could call my all-in with AK. Sorry D , i've put this wrong i meant she may have raised but just called a reraise then just called through streets. Soz m8 Lambert pointed it out. I really mean that she was not aggressive with strong hands, particularly.
  • edited October 2012
    "Hii guys
    My opponent had caught AA twice and not slow played."

Flat calling a min-raise with AA would definitely be slowplaying so think you can rule it out under normal circumstances anyway, nevermind the fact you said he didn't slowplay AA the last 2 times.
  • edited October 2012
    "Hii guys My opponent had caught AA twice and not slow played." Flat calling a min-raise with AA would definitely be slowplaying so think you can rule it out under normal circumstances anyway, nevermind the fact you said he didn't slowplay AA the last 2 times.
    Posted by Lambert180
    sorry i meant slow played from the initial raise gettinga reraise, only calling ...then checking/calling the streets. lol.
    Theres only me who limps wih AA haha
  • edited October 2012
    Don't start looking for opportunities to fold sets. If you start doing this without really strong reads that your opponent is a rock, you're getting end up haemorrhaging money.

I assume this hand is from a low-stakes MTT. At these levels it's just impossible to fold sets because players will overvalue top-pair all the time and can be in the hand with something like K8 or even, as you've said, AA. Folding a set on a dry board at this level will almost always be wrong. Sometimes you'll be beat but just take it on the chin and move on.

To answer your question; Yes, it's just poker.
  • edited October 2012
    Don't start looking for opportunities to fold sets. If you start doing this without really strong reads that your opponent is a rock, you're getting end up haemorrhaging money. I assume this hand is from a low-stakes MTT. At these levels it's just impossible to fold sets because players will overvalue top-pair all the time and can be in the hand with something like K8 or even, as you've said, AA. Folding a set on a dry board at this level will almost always be wrong. Sometimes you'll be beat but just take it on the chin and move on. To answer your question; Yes, it's just poker.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Folding a set on a dry flop is much better than folding on a wet flop imo
  • edited October 2012
    It's not so much on the flop, as when a draw comes in on a wet board. I was very careful to say dry board and not dry flop.
  • edited October 2012
    Ok sorry. Lol. This hand only goes to flop though 

With ops reads you will see 88 lots. His reads aren't over enough hands to fold imo, but there are players who this is a fold against.   What do you think he's going to turn over?

Edit: just see profmans new reads. Forget above