You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD Deepstack Yuck ugly spot what do we do on river is b/f right thing or b/c thoughts please

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
winpokerSmall blind 40.0040.004882.50IDONKCALLUBig blind 80.00120.006250.00 Your hole cardsA10   General375Fold    Gal63Call 80.00200.004875.00raffles65Fold    POMPEYFANFold    winpokerCall 40.00240.004842.50IDONKCALLUCheck    Flop  8A7   winpokerCheck    IDONKCALLUCheck    Gal63Check    Turn  10   winpokerCheck    IDONKCALLUBet 160.00400.006090.00Gal63Call 160.00560.004715.00winpokerFold    River  Q   IDONKCALLUBet 320.00880.005770.00Gal63Raise 1520.002400.003195.00

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I bet otf but w.eeeevz

Erm, Erm, Erm, Erm, Erm, Erm, I probs call cos I like 2p but he might have a straight and in which case you should fold. But why would you want to call when villain has a straight? God.
  • edited October 2012
    I'd bet flop.

Probably  bet/fold river but bet bigger.
  • edited October 2012
    i didnt call the reason i didnt donk lead i didnt want any 1 to raise after me and bloat the pot out of position and if i did lead out kinda has my hand face up well an ace so played it snug i folded dnt think im beating much here think opponent has a str8 or a q  

glad i did fold coz im final table of the tourney now :)
  • edited October 2012
    I reckon his isn't putting you on an Ace.  Because if you had an Ace, you probably would have bet bigger pre, and certainly bet the flop.

On the turn, he is putting you on at least a 10.

I think he has got K Q, puts you on a 10, not Ace 10, and thinks he is good with the over card on the flop, and the made pair on the river.

I might have called the river bet myself.  But I'm not sure I am checking the flop.
  • edited October 2012
    Raise pre
    Bet flop
    Bet turn bigger
    Bet river bigger, as played prob fold to that sizing  
  • edited October 2012
    Leading on this flop wouldn't have been a donk-bet because it was a limped pot. Donk-betting or donk-leading is a bet made by a pre-flop caller, out of flow, into the pre-flop raiser.

I think it's very unlikely that our opponent is raising with only a Queen. Even if he believes that his second-pair is the best hand, he couldn't expect a raise to be called by anything he beats. His Queen would have some showdown value so he may call with that but raising would be a big mistake.

I don't mind checking the flop. I agree with not wanting to build a big pot, though I do think we can be called by a few worse hands. Limpers could easily be in the hand with A2-A6 or A9 and could of course call us on a straight draw. It's probably better to lead but I don't mind trying to control the pot size.

The turn is fine. I'd do the same.

The river bet could be a little bigger as we should have the best hand alot of the time. When we're raised, I think we can definitely call. It depends on what we've seen our opponent raise with before. If they've never raised without the nuts, then it's a snap fold. Without that information, after the check on the flop and call on the turn we could easily put them on weaker two pairs such as QT or 8T. AQ is very unlikely given the pre-flop limp and sets are likely to have raised before now.

At 2:1 pot odds, I'd think you're probably getting the right price to call: J9, 77, 88 and perhaps TT are the only likely hands in his range that beat us. More than 1/3 of his range is likely to be worse two-pairs. I won't argue with folding, though, as alot of players won't raise these two-pairs when there are possible straights on the board.

I might have played the hand a little differently but I'm fine with how you played it.
  • edited October 2012
    and the result they had  j   k   sigh :/