You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 NL Tables Lagging

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Been trying to play 50 nl all day and my tables keep lagging and timing out.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Yep. Tried to 8table 20nl earlier and although my internet connection was fine one or two tables would occasionaly timeout due to lag
  • edited October 2012
    Probably cos every man and his dog is playing 12 tables to try to win this cash comp.
  • edited October 2012
    Seems to happening a lot during the happy hours as so many people are on i reckon.  I kept timing out or nearly timing out when i was under the gun last half hour there as cards were coming out slow.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging:
    Seems to happening a lot during the happy hours as so many people are on i reckon.  I kept timing out or nearly timing out when i was under the guy last half hour there as cards were coming out slow.
    Posted by bearlyther

was fine for me.

any chance that your ISP is throttling the connection during peak hours?

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging : was fine for me. any chance that your ISP is throttling the connection during peak hours?
    Posted by scotty77

absolutely no chance even if you were downloading alot of adult content at the same time.

poker data isn't large in size just very consistent in constantly needing to be updated.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging : absolutely no chance even if you were downloading alot of adult content at the same time. poker data isn't large in size just very consistent in constantly needing to be updated.
    Posted by beaneh
    methinks u speak from experience :) 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging : was fine for me. any chance that your ISP is throttling the connection during peak hours?
    Posted by scotty77
    Not sure to be honest what problem is mate.  Seems to be ok most of the time but lagging a lot during peak hours.  I have a very good internet connection so not sure.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging : methinks u speak from experience :) 
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Computer, reply to gregghogg. post that I am too busy using my hands to type.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Tables Lagging : Not sure to be honest what problem is mate.  Seems to be ok most of the time but lagging a lot during peak hours.  I have a very good internet connection so not sure.
    Posted by bearlyther

when playing >24 tables it didn't require any internet issues for the software to slow down a chunk. assume it FIFOs  incoming information to the tables, hence at a really busy moment it might get delayed. causing you to see the action is on you when you have suddenly only got half the time bank left.