You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KINGS of CASH - don't forget that.......

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

1) It has started, today.

2) You MUST opt-in if you wish to "qualify". The Promo Code is KING

3) A leaderboard will be published daily, from 2nd October.

In all, £20,000 is up for grabs, including a £5,000 Freeroll, capped at 1,500 runners, so worth over £3 per qualifying player.

Details are HERE

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi Tikay,

Does this mean that seats will be given to the first 1500 to earn 1000 points? Cos I'm thinking there's gotta be alot more then 1500 people on here that earn 1000+ points.

Are the first 1500 people gonna be auto-registered? Just thinking it would be a shame to see the 1500 runner tourney with 50% of people sat out because they didn't know/weren't interested etc.
  • edited October 2012
    "Just thinking it would be a shame to see the 1500 runner tourney with 50% of people sat out because they didn't know/weren't interested etc"

the fact you have to opt in would surely mean people who werent interested wouldnt bother opting in?
  • edited October 2012

Hi Paul,

No, it will not work like that.

It is not open to all who earn 1,500 points, it is open to ALL who have entered the Promotion & earned points in it.

They will THEN need to confirm their seat when the Freeroll opens in November. Eligible players will be sent an e-Mail or SMS text message, & as the Freeroll is capped, the first 1,500 eligible players who confirm will get the seats. If it were not capped, of course, the potential "Freeroll value per head" would reduce.

Worth making the point here........if players have an account default of being non-contactable, then they cannot be contacted, so maybe worth checking that.     

• edited October 2012

The first of the "leadeboards" will be published today, I believe.

Anyone want to try & guess one or two players who have made, say, the Top Ten of each of the three tiers, or how many points the leader in each tier will have??
  • edited October 2012
    i must be there i done a sick 9 hr session lol on 20nl and 30nl earned 441 c4p i believe :)
  • edited October 2012
    i reckon the leader of the low stakes will have over 1000 as to who i have no idea and the rest im clueless.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: KINGS of CASH - don't forget that.......:
    i must be there i done a sick 9 hr session lol on 20nl and 30nl earned 441 c4p i believe :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Did you enter promo code??
  • edited October 2012

yes he did.....list is now up, see sticky thread at top of forum.

77 IDONKCALLU
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

You're going to be crossing over the two boundaries then of lower and middle leagues.

As to how many the leader will have, I'd be very surprised if it was over 1k.

I only managed two 20nl happy hour sessions yesterday, 8-tabling and there was only one other player who played 6 or more tables in both of those two sessions. I have no idea who played 10nl mind and I didn't play at all after 7pm. Will be grinding all 3 happy hours today so that will give me more of an idea of what names are going for it.

• edited October 2012

Rancid is top of the lower bit. He wrote in his forum thread that he made 633 points. 

Lambert is 90th. He wrote in his forum thread that he made 12 points. (uowdhjcnuwerc lolol)

Tintin and percival are also in the top 100 of the middle. How? I know perc didn't play any 30/40/50nl and I doubt tintin did either...........

Do <20nl points count in the middle section too???
  • edited October 2012
    Rancid is top of the lower bit. He wrote in his forum thread that he made 633 points.  Lambert is 90th. He wrote in his forum thread that he made 12 points. (uowdhjcnuwerc lolol) Tintin and percival are also in the top 100 of the middle. How? I know perc didn't play any 30/40/50nl and I doubt tintin did either........... Do <20nl points count in the middle section too???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I could not comment on who plays what, even if I knew, but the Tiers are.....

Lower - Small blind  2p-10p
    Middle - Small blind 15p-30p
    Upper  - Small blind 50p+

EDIT - 3rd October, 14.42 - Middle Tier clarified as "Small Blind 15p to 30p". This allows for 30p 30p Action Tables.

• edited October 2012
    im 7th on the low stakes and i can assure you all i never played any higher than nl4, its a mystery how ive crept on to the mid stakes table
  • edited October 2012

Thought so.

Either the table is wrong or the rules are unclear......
  • edited October 2012
    There's clearly a fault with this already. I didn't play any stakes higher than 10/20 yesterday, or for ages in fact - and it's put me in the middle section as well as the lower section. 
  • edited October 2012
    I think it would be a good idea if the number of points each player has got are shown beside there name on the leaderboard.
  • edited October 2012
    I think it would be a good idea if the number of points each player has got are shown beside there name on the leaderboard.
    Posted by bearlyther

but then you might take your foot off the accelerator - don't think they would want that. run rabbit run.

gl by the way

• edited October 2012
    to getinto the freeroll do u have to earn 1k points jus plyin cash or jus 1k total?
  • edited October 2012
    to getinto the freeroll do u have to earn 1k points jus plyin cash or jus 1k total?
    Posted by samboram45

£5,000 Freeroll – for cash AND tournament players.
    Anyone who enters the promotion and earns 1000 poker points or more throughout October (total points from cash games AND tournaments) will be invited into an exclusive Freeroll in November with a £5,000 prize pool. The Freeroll will be capped at 1,500 runners so eligible players will need to confirm their seat early when the tournament is open for registration within the lobby in November.
  • edited October 2012

Perceval & TinTin.........

You are of course absolutely correct.

There appears to have been an error in the way the filters were set, & the original Table as published was incorrect.

Sincere apologies.

It will be corrected when the Table is published tomorrow, if not later today.

EDIT - I'm not 100% sure (best to appear unsure sometimes, it's safer...) but I THINK the Table has now been corrected.

If it has not, well, then it has not. But it will be........
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: KINGS of CASH - don't forget that....... : £5,000 Freeroll – for cash AND tournament players. Anyone who enters the promotion and earns 1000 poker points or more throughout October (total points from cash games AND tournaments) will be invited into an exclusive Freeroll in November with a £5,000 prize pool. The Freeroll will be capped at 1,500 runners so eligible players will need to confirm their seat early when the tournament is open for registration within the lobby in November.
    Posted by MAXALLY
     cheers :)
  • edited October 2012

Good morning.

Remember, to be part of this Promotion, & give yourself chance to pinch a share of the £20,000 on offer, you MUST opt-in. The Promo Code is KING.

See this

Ooh, and this is a reminder of what is up for grabs......

• edited October 2012
    out of curiosity, does anyone know what the record is for highest C4P in one month?
  • edited October 2012
    out of curiosity, does anyone know what the record is for highest C4P in one month?
    Posted by s2db2dk2ds
    when they had a 60k points rake race back in january i believe someone earned close to or just over 80k points which im sure someone from sky said was the highest ever
  • edited October 2012
    all sorted im 11th now working my way up with another long session today :)