You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Forum Awards - Nominations Closed.... for now

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
should do player awards aswell 

best MTT/STT/CASH low/mid/hi stakes

best player without a bankroll? etc...

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hey all,

I remember seeing this done, it must be at least 12 months ago now, and thought it might be nice to have a second round of it. No prizes, just a bit of fun. So I'll post a few categories up here to get us started. Feel free to post up a few ideas for categories. I'll pick the best ones cos I don't want there to be masses of categories as I'm gonna have to count up the nominations lol.

Final Categories Are...

1. Best forum diary

2. Biggest whinger

3. Best presenter on 861

4. Best analyst on 861

5. Most helpful clinic poster

6. Biggest luckbox

7. Best MTT grinder

8. Best DYMer

9. Best low stakes cash grinder

10. Best BRM nit player

11. Best player with no regard for BRM

11. Biggest donk

Paul
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Forum Awards:
    should do player awards aswell  best MTT/STT/CASH low/mid/hi stakes best player without a bankroll? etc...
    Posted by sikas
    Great idea Cristo, I'll whack some in. That's probably enough categories now then actually. I'll stick some up and we can kick off.
  • edited October 2012
    Oh not these again!!!! ;)

Are you mentally stable enough to do this Paul? You aren't gonna go crackers??

Comical catagories too plz :P
  • edited October 2012
    We need a general "Best Poster" category. We could call it the BorinLoner Award. I vote for BorinLoner. That is all.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Forum Awards - Nominations Open!:
    We need a general "Best Poster" category. We could call it the BorinLoner Award. I vote for BorinLoner. That is all.
    Posted by Giant811

You need to get out more....

xx

• edited October 2012
    did u put in no 10 so u would get one
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Forum Awards - Nominations Closed.... for now:
    did u put in no 10 so u would get one
    Posted by grantorino
    lol was waiting for that :p but I thought I should have both bases covered if I'm gonna put one in for non-BR folks.

I aint the only one of my sort out there though! lol. Devonfish was playing £3 DYMs with a £900 roll, I don't even think I'm that nitty!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Forum Awards - Nominations Closed.... for now : lol was waiting for that :p but I thought I should have both bases covered if I'm gonna put one in for non-BR folks. I aint the only one of my sort out there though! lol. Devonfish was playing £3 DYMs with a £900 roll, I don't even think I'm that nitty!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thats something i,d like to think i had a chance in , but playing £3 DYM,s with £900 takes some doing, but probably why he did so well in his diary challenge
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Forum Awards - Nominations Closed.... for now : Thats something i,d like to think i had a chance in , but playing £3 DYM,s with £900 takes some doing, but probably why he did so well in his diary challenge
    Posted by MP33
    lol

was considering dropping down to £2 after a losing session.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    TommyD wins all 11

except no.2, that goes to Giant811 :)
  • edited October 2012
    I'm nominating now just because.

1. Best forum diary - Lamberts.

2. Biggest whinger - steelrod

3. Best presenter on 861 - hartigan

4. Best analyst on 861 - redmond

5. Most helpful clinic poster - none

6. Biggest luckbox - drrungood ;)

7. Best MTT grinder - pass

8. Best DYMer - pass

9. Best low stakes cash grinder - tintin obv

10. Best BRM nit player - you lol

11. Best player with no regard for BRM
    - idonk

11. Biggest donk - steelrod
  • edited October 2012
    Lol cheers for the votes Pipunch, but the reason people aint voting yet is cos the categories aint decided yet. So you may have to add some more answers when if more categories come in.

P.S. Can't believe you don't think there is anyone helpful in the clinic :s
  • edited October 2012
    ah right

i just think there are too many opinions in the clinic. too much of telling people what to do when i think trial and error and getting experience and a feel is probably better

not that i haven't benefitted from online advice before, but personally i don't take any positives from answers in the clinic cause i find they usually don't fit with my specific game, although it is a good thing for the general progression and discussion of poker. but because of the other point i'm not really qualified to even nominate!