You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do we do on the river i am strictly playing the player any other player i fold here thought ple

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
STR1BSSmall blind £0.10£0.10£50.37EvilPinguBig blind £0.20£0.30£62.71rancidSit out     Your hole cards1010   IDONKCALLURaise £0.60£0.90£39.72POKEY2011Call £0.60£1.50£37.51STR1BSFold    EvilPinguRaise £2.20£3.70£60.51IDONKCALLUCall £1.80£5.50£37.92POKEY2011Call £1.80£7.30£35.71Flop  Q22   EvilPinguBet £5.00£12.30£55.51IDONKCALLUCall £5.00£17.30£32.92POKEY2011Fold    Turn  9   EvilPinguBet £10.00£27.30£45.51IDONKCALLUCall £10.00£37.30£22.92River  8   EvilPinguAll-in £45.51£82.81£0.00

Comments

• edited October 2012
    You know he's shipping the river w/ 100% of his range when you flat the turn.

Snap call it.

Play within your roll.
  • edited October 2012
    What do you think he can have that you are beating?

You only beat AK...

JJ-AA, AQ, J10, KQ, JQ, J10, 88, 99 all beat you

I'd of prob folded turn tbh
  • edited October 2012
    If you don't know this guys 3betting range and how often they can fire 2/3 barrels w/ air then you should just fold ott. River is now a fold unless you have reads but you haven't given us them so that's worthless
  • edited October 2012
    he could be doing it with ak clubs 
  • edited October 2012
    same line is doing this with ak clubs or aj  anyway sighhhhh they might show on tv later :/
  • edited October 2012
    reads u never played pingu b4 perc ?
  • edited October 2012
    You can't ask for advice when you say you're playing the player but give no reads, or no info abuot what he's seen you do etc.

EDIT: EP won't play the same against you as he would against me, or Perc or Beaneh or whatever, so if you're playing the player, it's also dependent on what's happened between you two so far.
  • edited October 2012
    so you played him based on what you've seen previously months ago on TV at a higher limit?

and then you proceed to make the mistake of narrowing his range to one specific hand

no doubt you gonna show that he had AKcc now lols
  • edited October 2012
    I was playing EvilPingu at a £1.05 HU sng table a couple of weeks ago and now he's back playing at NL20. Looks like he used my 95p well. lol

Even though EvilPingu is capable of having a very wide range for triple-barrelling, on this board many of his bluffing hands are now beating you by the river anyway. The only value hand you can beat is AK or some random low pocket pair. Even though EvilPingu is super-aggro, he's not stupid about it and is unlikely to 3-bet pre-flop with 33-77.

Basically his 3-betting range is going to be solely dependent on the players he's facing. However if we assume he's 3-betting a polarised range, then the hands he's potentially 3-betting with are going to be AK, AA, KK, QQ possibly JJ as well as junk hands. We can beat alot of those junk hands and there's a chance that on this board he might triple-barrell those. Depending on what he thinks of you, he might believe you're able to fold top-pair to three streets of aggression or he might believe that you're calling flop and turn on a flush draw.

So it's possible that EvilPingu is just barrelling with no hand but it's going to be totally dependent on the dynamic between you. In general, calling a random opponent down here with just TT is going to be a mistake and I think you're levelling yourself more often than not if you make this call. However, you can justify it if you have serious history with the opponent.

I think you need to make the decision on the turn about whether you're going with this hand. EvilPingu isn't the type of player to bluff two streets and then give up and so on the rare occasions he checks on the river it's likely to be a hand that beats you, giving you a chance to bluff a missed draw. So if you call here and the river doesn't come an awful card like the King or Ace of clubs, then you really should be expecting a bet and must be willing to make the call. The 9d isn't a card that brings in a huge number of draws, so you must call. If you can't call, then you should fold on the turn because you know this bet is coming.

In the same sense that we can't know the dynamic between the two of you, we don't know if that's necessarily correct for you, based on your history. If EvilPingu believes that you always raise the flop on a draw and never fold top pair to him, yet he's still firing on the turn, then he's probably not betting with worse than the Queen here...

So I've written all this and not given a clear answer. Without your history it's impossible. If you'd disguised the players' names then it's a clear fold because most of the time, most players are not capable of making a bluff down three streets... but EvilPingu isn't most players. Even against him I'd say that more of the hands he's doing it with are going to beat you than hands you beat but it all depends on history.
  • edited October 2012
    Jesus Borin, you HAVE to win Top of the Posts next month for the clinic. You put so much effort into your replies.
  • edited October 2012
    If he's anywhere near as aggro as people think snap this off

You might have a better idea if you answer the following

Why did you call pre?

What's villains 3betting range?

What kind of hands does he barrell here.

If you are calling cos he might have one combo of AK that's bad. Also why do you not call this down v anyone else

• edited October 2012
    I've never played villain no