You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tues NIght Live on SkyPoker with Fowler and Citrone 7pm Live CH861 ***official show thread***

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Hiya

No it's not groundhog day!  But it is another night with us!  Apologies for hogging your tv!  Carlo and myself will be back on the couch, and you will be playing online and giving us some banter! Standard.

We kick off tonight where we finished on  Sunday night, for those of you who missed it:

7pm   Master Cash Coverage 

8pm   Ask the Expert - Questions for Carlo plus Hands rom the 2 Final                  tables of the 25k Super Roller. 

9pm   Sky Poker School - Hands from the Final table of the 25k Super                Roller.

10pm  Sky Poker Highlights-  Live 6k Open Hands

11pm  MasterCash 

I had an inspiring  conversation with an amazing girl I met, and took piccies of yesterday,  only 23.     Long story, short.  She was a professional tennis player at the start of her career, trained a little by Kournikova as well, but she broke her back in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.  Was told she wouldn't walk again, but she did. Obviously she had to give up her career, but she absolutely loves life, and celebrates every day.  We were talking about doing everything you want to do in life

So...3 examples on your list of things to do/places to/goals to achieve.. Poker related or not.

Would love to have your company for the show tonight

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

see you soon

A xx

Comments

• edited October 2012

Good evening Anna and Carlo.

I remember when there were places I wanted to see and things I wanted to achieve. Back when the world wasn't such a cold, bleak, desolate place as it is now.

Cheery thoughts to start your night.

Have a great show.

• edited October 2012
    Good evening anna n carlo have a great show 

Dnt worry when i watch the show tonight i had to change my setting ons my tv brightness and contrast down less orange then hehe :)

Just to remind carlo he won hes side bet against sam razavi on sunday as he didnt cash welldone what was the side bet again ?

A question for carlo i know your freinds with luke schwartz and daniel cates aka jungleman without giving to much away have u ben watching the party poker premier league this year its been great i have been really impressed with daniel cates playing very well 

have a good show from steve   aka donk 
  • edited October 2012
    Mmmmmmm thanks to the floor manager for delivering a glass full of sweets to the table before the show. Tonight's show will be a sugar filled one!

Prize for the best contribution

So contribute ;)

We like it
  • edited October 2012
    The dead man's hand in hold'em is A8.

However Wild Bill Hickcock was playing Five Card Draw and his hand was two pair; Aces and Eights and that's translated into the two card, hold'em hand of A8.  So the story goes.
  • edited October 2012

Hi Anna and Carlos.

Re the Dead Man's Hand. Carlos is sort of right. The DMH is usually reguarded as Aces and Eights, referring to the two Aces and two eights, all black, Hickock was supposed to have held as he was shot.However, the first time this was definitively ascribed to him was some time in the 1920's, long after his murder.  There is a reference to Jacks over tens being called the DMH in the 1880's, predating any reference to Hickock. In addition, both Jacks and sevens and Jacks and eights were both called the DMH in the early 1900's.

Although there are no contemporary accounts of Hickock's hand, I shall continue to accept that Aces and Eights are the real Dead Mans Hand' just because it sounds better than the other hands.

• edited October 2012
    When u get a minute can u show this hand from master cash 3 i have played this guy many times a good player may i add i have him down as abit of a crazy player so with this hand he either has the goods or not am i right to call down as he could of had anything thanks guys  570215809
  • edited October 2012
     Hi Anna and Carlo

i hope you are both well,
    3 things i want to do before i die
    firstly get a tan like carlos but i will need to win some tourneys to pay for a the loitions and potions lol
    secondly, go snorkeling off the great barrier reef.
    thirdly and most importantly treat Anna to a very posh and romantic meal, during the course of this meal i would win her over with my devilishly bad looks and my overhanging pot belly. what else can an old man wish for lol 
    got to go they need to lock me up again now

all the best xxx spoony 21 (aka kev) (aka KC)
  • edited October 2012
    dead mans hand, just about every hand i pick up lately, lol....

what's the difference between a puppy and a poker player

eventually a puppy stops whining.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues NIght Live on SkyPoker with Fowler and Citrone 7pm Live CH861 ***official show thread***:
    When u get a minute can u show this hand from master cash 3 i have played this guy many times a good player may i add i have him down as abit of a crazy player so with this hand he either has the goods or not am i right to call down as he could of had anything thanks guys  570215809
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I'll have a look at the hand and we will try to show it from 11pm
  • edited October 2012
    greetings to the tantastic twosome. 
    Anna...just how bad have you been to have to put up with Carlo AGAIN! feel sorry for you. lol.
    the three things i want to do are
    play the main event of the wsop...not much chance though.
    write a novel, that people might actually read...less of a chance. lol.
    and finally, just wake up every day.
    have a wonderful night.
    laurie/lozgo
  • edited October 2012

Slyklist shot through the back?????

Are you trying to make AK the new Dead Mans Hand Carlos?

• edited October 2012
    Hi Anna & Carlo 

The first thing I would do is ask Anna for one of her chocs she got from her friend Pollyanna today mmmmmmmmmmm chocolate keep up the great show as always.

Dave
  • edited October 2012

(Shall I revise my previously gloomy outlook on life to fit the upbeat tone of the show? lol)

Okay, if money was no object and there were three things I wanted to do or achieve, they would be:

1) Hire myself an army of language tutors and spend at least twenty hours a week learning the various languages of this charming planet. My Italian is okay and I enjoyed learning the basics of that.

2) Win a European Poker Tour event. Not a WSOP event because I want a PROPER trophy and bracelets are for girls.

3) I would really like to work women out. What do they want? Why are they so cruel? Why do they need so much time in the bathroom?

Hope that's better for you?

• edited October 2012
    Oh dear what have I started lol
  • edited October 2012
    My 3 things to do Im afraid are steeped in reallity, Overcome deppression, find a job then find a woman that can put up with me.
  • edited October 2012
    hi u two - great show.

the first thing i would do is get married to my lovely fella, arro54. nwe need to sell his house before we can do that at the moment. second thing would be the usual nice house, car...  then i would tour the world, visiting family on the way, making sure i played at least onesession of poker in every country.

onwards and upwards :-)

• edited October 2012
    my 3 things
    1 have a post read out on ch 861
    2 have miss fowler read said post
    3 learn to play poker better...
  • edited October 2012

Hi Anna & Carlo

The first thing I would do is buy a house for my son the second thing I would do is kick my son out of my house only joking son and the third thing I would do is buy a vineyard in the south of France and make my own wine love the show.

Yvonne

• edited October 2012
    thax you anna, gr8 show from you and carlo 2night. this laddering up that carlo was saying early on ,how would he feel if his br was only £200 and could doulbe up to 400,would he still go all or nothing?. many players don't have big br,s and a extra 200  is very gd news....
  • edited October 2012

I wasn't calling for a gutshot Carlo

I thought i could make him fold.. we have history from playing loads of times at SPTs

I would probably play the flush the same way, and tyger almost folded! he said so in chat! I didnt expect him to have 2 pair... but i know i can get him off 1 pair hands...

I do well at mtts on sky by playing aggressively and i find it important to defend blinds at this stage. 

I can understand where u are coming from tho it is usually best to keep it simple...

• edited October 2012
  • edited October 2012
    if i had a pound everytime carlo says idonkucall  this time next year i be a millionaire rodney :)
  • edited October 2012
    jimmy no leg needs to win to buy another leg :)
  • edited October 2012
    Jimmynoleg....always limps into pots
  • edited October 2012
    i bet jimmy no leg hasnt done much limping hose me downnnnnnnn
  • edited October 2012
    Maybe Jimmy thinks Aces and Eights is the Dead Mans Leg.......
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for all the messages tonight!!

Congratulations to SPOONY21 who wins free entry in to Thursday's £12k GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter @8pm
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Tues NIght Live on SkyPoker with Fowler and Citrone 7pm Live CH861 ***official show thread***:
    Thanks for all the messages tonight!! Congratulations to SPOONY21 who wins free entry in to Thursday's £12k GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter @8pm
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    thank you very much thats very kind of you.
    regards Spoony21 (aka kev)