You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30" monitor how many tables?

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Hello. I'm planning to buy 30" Dell monitor. May be somebody knows how many tables can i fit without going to mini view? The resolution will be 2560x1600. Thank you.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Before you do this make sure your graphics card will support that resolution.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 30" monitor how many tables?:
    Before you do this make sure your graphics card will support that resolution.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Yes mate, I'm sure. My card has 2xdual dvi. But the question was how many tables without resize?:) Thanks.
  • edited October 2012
    I've no idea as i've never tried on a monitor that size.

I'd guess 6 in full view if you're lucky.

If you're seriously wanting to grind more tables then i'd recommend getting familiar with mini view. Stick with it and you learn to love it.

Do you know what model card you have?

• edited October 2012
    I've no idea as i've never tried on a monitor that size. I'd guess 6 in full view if you're lucky. If you're seriously wanting to grind more tables then i'd recommend getting familiar with mini view. Stick with it and you learn to love it. Do you know what model card you have?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I found the answer. Maximum amount of tables for 2560x1600 will be 4 without resize anyway...but 20 mini view. Mini view is good when you are playing say 6 tables and i'm very familiar with it. But for 8-9 it's a little bit too small for my taste. Graphics card is Sapphire hd 3650 BTW. Thanks for answers m8 and good luck:)
  • edited October 2012
    Have you thought about using 2 23"or 24" 1080p monitors?Probably work out a lot cheaper and get just about the same amount of tables.
    See this for set up  http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx
  • edited October 2012
    mini view should give you 

4 across 3 down without any overlap

5 across 3 down should be possible with tiny overlap

Would assume that 5 across 4 down should be possible but that is with alot of overlap to manage.
  • edited October 2012
    I had the 2560x1440 one but got rid of it because the heat coming off it was unbearable. You will be able to have 5across fitting perfectly and 4down on mini view and 3across 2down on standard with abit of room at side and below
  • edited October 2012
    [x] brag

post pics when u bought it please
  • edited October 2012
    @ Belsibub Thanks mate, but I prefer one monitor, no space for 2:)
    @ Beaneh Thanks for info, I won't play 20 tables anyway:)
    @ CrazyBen23 Thanks m8, I've heard that those monitors produce huge amount of heat, but i want one so much anyway:)) That's so much real estate, I think that's a great thing. I hope i will cope ok with a heat:)
    @ Sikas Ok mate, I will post if i won't forget:) It will be probably New Year or a bit later:)

Thanks guys and good luck to you all. Peace and respect!
  • edited October 2012
    I have two 30" monitors... 

You can get 6 normal view tables with no overlap or about 20 mini views on each. 

You would have to be mental in the head to do this however...

• edited October 2012
    I have two 30" monitors...  You can get 6 normal view tables with no overlap or about 20 mini views on each.  You would have to be mental in the head to do this however...
    Posted by simuk
    @ Simuk Thank you mate:)