You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

8NL - AK in 3bet Pot

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I know bet sizing is definitely one of the biggest leaks in my game so just wanted some opinions on my 3bet size and c-bet size.

What would you make them?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SCABOO Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £4.59
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

shirley02 Fold        
buzzbrasil Fold        
Tayto Raise   £0.32 £0.44 £3.80
bustout44 Call   £0.32 £0.76 £7.65
SCABOO Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £1.04 £1.80 £6.88
Tayto Fold        
bustout44 Call   £0.80 £2.60 £6.85
Flop

• K

Lambert180 Bet   £1.50 £4.10 £5.38
bustout44 Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £2.40   £7.78
Lambert180 Return   £1.50 £0.20 £9.28

Comments

• edited October 2012
    looks pretty good imo
  • edited October 2012
    Looks fine, might go a little bigger pre
  • ybyb
    edited October 2012
    smaller on the flop imo
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Lambert

This is a great illustration of the kind of hand that i think i'm also losing a lot of value as I tend to bet big to protect when the flop is wet and there is a potential FD or str8 draw out there.

It would be great to hear fom others on if this "protection" line is correct or if flop bet should be smaller so as to keep your customer interested to call.

i play a lot of MTT's and see so many flushes/straights connecting that it does seem to affect my cash game
  • edited October 2012
    It wasn't really a 'protection' bet, it was a bet for value, I bet about 60% pot which is pretty much what I'd bet when I have any other hand I've chosen to 3bet pre on this board. I'm not worried about people calling to try and catch up with FDs, 55-QQ, Ax, or kings with weaker kickers.

I'm basically just trying to figure out the best way to get all the money in by the river at this stage. I was thinking I could maybe bet smaller and still get it all in because of how much I built the pot pre, but think it looks a bit funny if I bet small when I've hit the flop well. Although as I keep getting told, balancing at this level is pretty unnecessary
  • edited October 2012
    3bet size is fine may go little bigger
    flop is fine also

it is a really dry flop so either opponent smacked the flop or completely missed which they did but as I said played hand fine.
  • edited October 2012
    deffo going bigger around £1.20 
  • edited October 2012
    oop i'm going 4x the original raise plus 8p for the caller. £1.36 then flop bigger obv

as played flop i make it £2.20 because i think at this level it will get paid off enough to make it profitable.

any two diamonds are calling, any K is calling, any QQ-TT is calling
  • edited October 2012
    £1.20 pre

rest is fine