You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it a essential to multi-table??

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Hello Everyone

Im confident in my game atm and im making a profit near enough everyday, but i only play one table atm.  I really enjoy one table as i can get in the game have better reads and make better decisions.  The one time i did multitable i found myself rushing and guessing what players were like and what reads i had on them.

So is it a must to multitable to make good profit and if so what are your tips on getting good reads.  Thanks Everyone

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Nothing is a must really. I assume you aint playing for a living, so just do whatever you enjoy really.

The more you multi-table, the more you will get used to it and not find yourself feeling rushed so much. If you're a winning player and get used to multi-tabling, then I'd say it's pretty certain you'll make more money by playing more tables ... up to a point. Everyone has a limit where playing 1 too many tables starts really having a major negative affect on their game.

Get your reads now, get as many notes as possible on the people you play. The more tables you play, the harder it will be to go off specific reads but you can build up a general idea of your opponent and if you're playing pretty ABC tight aggressive poker, you can't go far wrong.
  • edited October 2012
    i get bored on 1 table so id say yeah and multitable more hands better chance of getting a gd hand on 1 of the tables u are on instead of clicking fold all time plus its good for c4p playing multi tables and what do points make prizes :)
  • edited October 2012
    Just do what you enjoy robbie, I started 5 years ago and still only 1-table normally for the same reasons as you. Just don't expect to get rich quick!
  • edited October 2012
    hi robbie,
    when i first started multi-tabling i sruggled  at 1st,but it soon becomes 2nd nature.
    just increase 1 table at a time and see how you go.
    c4p increases so you really have everything to gain and very little to lose imo.

is it essential to multi-table?  no,but it helps.

best of luck.
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    thanks for all the answers, think im gonna slowely start adding 1 or 2 tables.  But i was thinking how does this effect BR managment, i usually play 50 nl but im trying to build up so i been playing 20 nl, if i start multiabling should i start at 10 nl ? or even lower?
  • edited October 2012
    Depends on your roll, no more than 10% IN PLAY at any one time is what I follow, others probably do different.
  • edited October 2012
    I multi table up to 6 tables. Personally i won't play a stake unless i have atleast 25 full Buy ins at that level. It probably depends on your style but i would suggest atleast 20BIs to deal with the down swings.

Good luck robbie
  • edited October 2012
    okay thanks for the help diablo and jams
  • edited October 2012

Hi Robbie, i have been playing for a long time and have come to the conclusion that i can't multitable more

than 3/4 tables (must be an age thing). I also find that i have my best results when i mix up the games i am

playing, i.e. i will play 2 cash games, a dym and a mtt at the same time. Now this is contrary to most advice

knocking about but i have my best results doing this.

So my advice to you is to do what you are most comfortable with . Personally, as you say in yourOP, i would 

rather play a limited number of tables so that i can play the player more than my cards.

GL at the tables.
  • edited October 2012
    depends. like Lambert says you don't HAVE to do anything. just cause some do something doesn't mean it works for everyone.

atm i can play 12-16 tables if i want to, but i make much clearer decisions playing 4-6.

people say 'you can't make a living unless you multi table'. why not?

if you only earned 5bb/100, and you were playing just one table which was nearing 100 hands per hour, that's £5 an hour at .50/1

so no you don't have to multi table. but it can be handy to find the point where variance is ironing out quicker and you can still make optimal decisions