You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good spot for a thin value bet here

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Reads opponent is a non believer and capable of doing moves at the time i was doing a thin value bet but then thinking is it a block bet whats the difference ? davon121Small blind £0.10£0.10£28.44IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.20£0.30£43.85 Your hole cards1010   PaulbbmFold    wudibluffRaise £0.60£0.90£48.43jams88Fold    davon121Fold    IDONKCALLURaise £1.40£2.30£42.45wudibluffCall £1.00£3.30£47.43Flop  834   IDONKCALLUBet £2.20£5.50£40.25wudibluffCall £2.20£7.70£45.23Turn  5   IDONKCALLUBet £4.60£12.30£35.65wudibluffCall £4.60£16.90£40.63River  A   IDONKCALLUBet £6.80£23.70£28.85

Comments

• edited October 2012
    not good, hate ur sizing, preflop make it much bigger or flat.. by the time u get to river ur bet is a 'blocker bet' defined by u sizing.. ur tryin to get showdown with with not much of a hand and for a much cheaper price then a normal value bet.

this is the main difference..

if u was goin for thin value it would be vs a villain who ud thin pay u off with say an 8 or or 78 or 66 type hand
  • edited October 2012
    i put him on a   8 lnarin oo it was a value bet not a block bet and i made it 1.60 i dnt think its that small pre but thanks for your advice obviously if he raises then i fold 
  • edited October 2012
    If you want to 3bet pre make it bigger. Fwiw I prefer flatting this deep oop

River is too thin imo if it's for value

• edited October 2012
    If this £1.60 is what you would 3-bet with AA, then it's what you should 3-bet with TT. Generally, I'd think 3-betting to £1.80 is standard at this level but that's not exactly hugely different to £1.60. I would probably prefer a call, though. You need to i) have a really good idea of the range of hands he calls or raises a pre-flop 3-bet with and ii) be confident that he's not going to make life difficult for you through the streets in position, for this to be a wise 3-bet.

Bloating the pot with a pair which will see overcards the majority of the time, playing out of position against a tricky opponent. These are not things I like to do.

Anyway, your river bet looks pretty weak. If you had just rivered a set of Aces, would you bet bigger? If you just made two-pair, would you bet bigger? Your opponent is going to think you would. Most of the time your opponent just folds if he can't beat TT here but on the occasions that he raises you could either be getting bluffed because you look weak or you could end up levelling yourself into making a bad call, simply because you know you look weak. Blocker bets against tough opponents are generally to be avoided.

If you think he's calling you down with a flush draw, then check-call the river to allow him to bluff. Bear in mind, though, that alot of those missed draws are going to be Ace-high. Sometimes he just checks behind with an 8 but I doubt he calls a value-bet with that too often anyway.
  • edited October 2012
    Yes i definately value bet here small
  • edited October 2012
    pre is fine if you know villains calling/4betting ranges

meh I probs check otr vs most players. vs fish I vbet