You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wsop-e final table live on tv just now

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
sorry if im putting up something thats against rules but as the headline says the last 4 of the main event is live on eurosport just now. set the sky+ so not to clash with 861

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Nice 1. Was bored of the footy anyway :-)
  • edited October 2012
    Nice 1, like watching hellmuth :)

Commentary from trevor harris too.
  • edited October 2012
    Phil blowing up right now, lol
  • edited October 2012
    Go on Phil Hellmuth you are the greatest!
  • edited October 2012
    Until recently all poker communities were awash with Phil Hullmuth bashers, for years it was fashionable to bash and ridicule the man at every opportunity. They've all been pretty much silenced now; very well played Phil.

The comments below refer to Phil Hellmuth, I found them all (and many more like them) right here in General Poker Chat;

"He gets leathered in just about every cash game he is invloved in. Won wsop when the runners field was at minimum, And constantly batters on about how good he is when we sit and watch on t.v and know he's rotten"

"He sucks and thinks he's great. His analysis is usually horrendous as well."

"He's proof that any donk can win a poker tournament on his day."

"Whyyyy does he dress up like a plonker???? And check call 3 streets with middle set on a dry board? How was he EVER good? (if anyone has any links to footage of him playing well years ago, I wud appreciate a pm)"

"I would bet against hellmuth winning any NLH bracelets again."

"Hellmuth is a proven winner in games which had minuscule fields and where people found check raising to be rude. His record doesn't mean anything, he is totally outclassed by many many online players nowadays."

"Hellmuth really doesn't have a clue"

• edited October 2012
    Hmm, I didn't think I ever bashed Hellmuth but that second to last one looks like something I would write, I might have to be a bit of searching later just to check.  What I have said in the past is the following, the Hellmuth Skill Slider:

How good people think Hellmuth is < How good he actually is < How good he thinks he is < How good he says he is

I still think last year (the three seconds in three Championship events in three different forms of Poker, none of which were pure Hold Em) was his greatest year, however this year has now put in a massive argument against.  He obviously gets more stick than he deserves but he courts this because there is added value for him to be the 'Poker Brat.'  That's why there weren't as many antics in the lead up to the televised portion of the FT than there was from four handed onwards.

Kudos to him, two great years back to back.

As to my opinion on him, I'm probably the only poker fan in the world who is completely indifferent towards him.  I respect his game, results and what he has brought to the game but I neither like or hate the 'Poker Brat' persona.
  • edited October 2012
    Say what you like about the guy,  he is entertaining.  As far as tournament Poker goes, he has very few equals.

After a period in the doldrums I think he realised he had to reinvent his game.  He has done that with avengence.  

Esfandiari even said in the commentary last night that he will be playing against Hellmuth in a different way after watching his performance last night

Hats off to Mr H,  he has looked at his game, realised it needed to be changed and improved to meet the new challenges and he has done that.

13 Braclets.  Wow 
  • edited October 2012
    Hellmuth is still way behind the times when playing poker example limping in with hands like 99,k10,a7 last night and clearly he ran very well to win.  I am also of the opinion that he has so many wsop bracelets as a lot of them had 30 or 40 runners in them.  However i do like watching him on the tv for the comedy he brings to the game!
  • edited October 2012
    do believe the man is leading the wsop player of the year for 2012
  • edited October 2012
    I love the Brat -_-

hate or love the persona - it's just marketing - and it's great for TV
    still don't understand why he would get upset when someone calls his 3 bet w/Q10 - they just wanna bust him -
    so it's just his persona coming back to haunt him - while he was younger, he never had this problem because he never had the image/persona.
    Imagine everytime you sit at a poker table everyone wants to bad beat you )

One of the all time MTT greats - don't know how anyone can deny that tbh

problem is hellmouths cash game is bad, but most MTT players cash games are bad when you put them up against ivey/durr/galfondy/antonius etc...

• edited October 2012
    cant believe how poor the players were on final table hellmuth robbing them blind cmon hardly the greates final table 
  • edited October 2012
    cant stand the brat rant over 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: wsop-e final table live on tv just now:
    cant believe how poor the players were on final table hellmuth robbing them blind cmon hardly the greates final table 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

The guy Hellmuth played heads up what ever his name is was really bad and the commentary on eurosport was pretty poor would have liked esfandairi in the box at least he knows what hes talking about.  They were coming out with comments like hes getting a price here so hes compelled to call in the big blind with any 2 after it goes raise then 3 bet lolol.  There was 1 hand were the board was aq10 3 handed and it went bet raise from hellmuth then the other guy cold called and they said he probly has a king here going for the straight something like k8 they said lol.