You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday night live with Sarah and Reds and your top trivia!

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

Thursday night live and it’s me and Reds who’ll be raring to go from 7 with final table coverage of last thursday's thrilling SPT Leaderboard final!

Also on the show win free entry into next tuesday's 6K Open with our ‘Did you knows...’

For instance... Did you know we call pocket kings ‘cowboys’ because ...???’ 

No idea on that one myself but thanks to a day at Wimbledon tennis club yesterday I now know the score of ‘love’ comes from the french word for egg ‘l’oeuf’ - because a zero looks like an egg!? 

You’re welcome...

Any top trivia you have up your sleeve poker related or otherwise let’s have it via email to skyopen@bskyb.com or posted below and the most impressive will win tonights competition! 

Elsewhere on the show we’d love to analyse your play in the poker clinic so email a hand ID from a tv table or post below and watch live from 8

We’ll have live tournament and cash action at 9, Top Of The Pots at 10 and coverage of our main event the 12K Bounty Hunter at 11.

GL on the tables!  See you from 7

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Thursday night live with Sarah and Reds and your top trivia!:
    the score of ‘love’ comes from the french word for egg ‘l’oeuf’ - because a zero looks like an egg!? 

Definitely stealing this!

• edited October 2012
    did you know, if you hold your arm out straight in front of you, dangle your wrist and then squeeze your forearm, your fist will clench itself.

poor but it's all i have.
  • edited October 2012
    Did you know.......

On average women say 7,000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000.
  • edited October 2012
    Hi sarah and redmond have a great show 

Did u know when women put mascara on why do they open there mouth lol true but whyyyyyyyyyy saying that when men shave they open ther mouth why do we open are moth god knows ya not shaving ya mouth would be nasty that :)
  • edited October 2012
    Looking forward to the show - have a great one

football was first played in China
    while table tennis came from Britain
  • edited October 2012
    There are more species of fish than mammal, reptile and bird combined
  • edited October 2012
    I bet most of the "facts" you'll get will be misconceptions - even the "Love" one in the original post is only one of a number of theories, none of which seem to have much evidence supporting them!
  • edited October 2012

can u show this hand please from master cash 3 

my question think this a weakness in my play when i flat call the raise knowing hes going to barrel the turn

once i call the raise should i call the turn bet here is it polarised as air or a king 
  • edited October 2012
    alreeeeeeeeet! sarah & redmond, hope you both have a canny good show.

i don't really have any good "did you knows..." but did you know after a night on the lash with 7 of your mates, hardly any of your neighbours will appreciate a quality rendition of singing/shouting the song "3 lions" at 4 in the morning!!! hahaha

i've just bought into the main & mini tonight, gonna have another crack at taking down the jackpot! Has redmond got any advice for people like me (i hope i'm not the only one haha), who can make money no problem on 9 & 10 seater tournaments but i always struggle on 6 seater tournaments.

any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

have a great show tonight!! Also, it will be a lot easier on the eyes for your veiwers tonight because we wont have to adjust our TV's to suit Mr. Tanfastic's (Mr. Carlo Citrone!!) orange appeal! hahaha j/k.
  • edited October 2012
    570586614  Hand from last night double stack main.  Did I make the right decision after my bet on the flop?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Sarah and Reds and your top trivia!:
    Did you know....... On average women say 7,000 words per day. Men manage just over 2000.
    Posted by VespaPX
    i see, no more than 2000 words could be fit into the remains of the day

• edited October 2012
    Did you know men are better drivers then women? ;P (flame meeeee) 
  • edited October 2012

Have a Great Show Sarah & Redmond, 

Did You Know That....

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

If you Passed Wind consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is
    produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to
    death. 

The male pray mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off.

• edited October 2012
    Did you know that yaks milk is pink?

Everyone knows that the biggest selling album of all time is Thriller but did you know that the second best selling album is Back In Black by AC/DC?

Did you know that Emile Heskies middle name is Ivanhoe?

Did you know that Redmond chose his username as he lets out an involentery giggle everytime he gets a bluff through?

Did you know that one of the above facts may not be correct?
  • edited October 2012
    The English language has about twice as many words than the 2nd biggest language in the world
  • edited October 2012
    Did you know 'Bookkeeper' and 'bookkeeping' are the only 2 words in the English language with three consecutive double letters

Did you know the word 'Strengths' is the longest word in the English language with just one vowel

Did you knowthe human body of a 70 kg person contains 0.2mg of gold
  • edited October 2012
    are you aware that jockeys are not allowed to have beards?
  • edited October 2012
    did you know tomas edison the light bulb inventor was afraid of the dark !
  • edited October 2012
    Did you know the Earth weighs 6,588,000,000,000,000,000 tons

Did you know the ancient Greeks first grew carrots as a form of medicine and not a food

Did you know each red blood cell lives an average of 4 months and travels between the lungs and other tissue 75,000 times before returning to bone marrow to die

Did you know clinophobia is the fear of going to bed

Did you know you can't tickle yourself
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Thursday night live with Sarah and Reds and your top trivia!:
    did you know tomas edison the light bulb inventor was afraid of the dark !
    Posted by batty07
    Did you know that Thomas Eddison didn't actually invent the lightbulb :p
  • edited October 2012
    For some reason i always thought KK was cowboys because cowboy boots with spurs on look like big K's

could be wrong and now i'm gonna google it.
  • edited October 2012
    thanks for analysing my hand with the 10s i put evil pingu on ak clubs or aj he would take the same line with this hand i admit more often then not i am beat but just a gut instiinct what bad gut  instinct that was lol
  • edited October 2012

hi sarah and redmond

did you know........

loads of people are just going to send in a load of tosh to get on the telly?

• edited October 2012
    The English language has about twice as many words than the 2nd biggest language in the world
    Posted by Lambert180
    Did you know that Lambert doesn't know what the 2nd biggest language in the world is
  • edited October 2012
    Did you know that girls can't touch their navel with both of their elbows at the same time
  • edited October 2012

I know its contentious - and we Brits don't like to admit it, but we were still street urchins when they were playing it

and the Chinese probably don't like the idea we invented their national game
  • edited October 2012
    did u know the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666?  spooky
  • edited October 2012

hi been a canny show so far but just got knocked out in the main. didn't realise how quick the blinds rattle through your stack haha.

on a brighter note, i'm still in the mini so it's not all bad :)

enjoy the rest of the show :)

• edited October 2012
    Hi Sarah and Redmond ,

Great show tonight,  Did you know that a servere hook shot in golf is also know as
                                       a shrimp shot as it resembles the shape of a shrimp in it flight of the ball.

John (aka KKclub.)
  • edited October 2012
    MY CHALLENGE :) I have done a 5 hr session last nite playing 10 nl 6 tables and earned 250 c4p so with this in mind my target for this month is earn 7.5k c4p  so 250c4p a day  x 30 i am gonna try hard n put the volume in for this upto 8 hrs a day if i can earn 250 in 5 hrs play sureley i can earn 250 in 8 hrs a day and also trying to put the volume for the KINGS OF CASH PROMO  wish me luck guys in this challenge 

from steve mr donk :)

going well so far earned over 1.5k c4p and up £200 on cash tables :)