You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand?

edited October 2012 in Area 51
I don't know what it is about this site, but today i've been screwed over so many times, a little while ago I had a day where everyone was coming from stupidly far behind to catch up, it's insane... I guess that's internet poker for you, but it is a shame, you'd have thought after like 4 hours you'd be able to win at least one decent pot...

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Happens to us all mate.  Just keep at it, add more tables and try not to get too tilted.  It all evens out in the end.
  • edited October 2012
    +1 some days it just dont go ur way mate....its quite common for bad runs to last for a lot longer

chin up, come back the next day
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand?:
    I don't know what it is about this site, but today i've been screwed over so many times, a little while ago I had a day where everyone was coming from stupidly far behind to catch up, it's insane... I guess that's internet poker for you, but it is a shame, you'd have thought after like 4 hours you'd be able to win at least one decent pot...
    Posted by Rexas
    Well you must have won at least ONE pot recently as you won a Sng for £9 about 5mins ago!  
    Oh and could you please keep the forum clear for players with legitimate moans & bad beats.  ;-)) 

• edited October 2012
    Happens in life too. Some days you get out of bed and stub your toe on the bedroom door. You then burn your mouth on your cup of coffee and drop your toast buttered side down on the floor.

Then on your way to work you step in some dog mess and miss your bus.

Then when you're already running late every traffic light seems to be on red making you even later.

I could carry this on to cover the whole day but i'm depressing myself so I'll stop.

• edited October 2012
    man it aint the site, good days bad days, should have had my night get in way ahead lose lose lose its poker, take the rough with the smooth, gl
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand?:
    Posted by Rexas
    i guess that's poker for you*

man up
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand?:
    Happens in life too. Some days you get out of bed and stub your toe on the bedroom door. You then burn your mouth on your cup of coffee and drop your toast buttered side down on the floor. Then on your way to work you step in some dog mess and miss your bus. Then when you're already running late every traffic light seems to be on red making you even later. I could carry this on to cover the whole day but i'm depressing myself so I'll stop.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    This is a problem because???? pick it up and carry on eating.
  • edited October 2012
    Have sympathy. Had 8 months of nothing going right ( OK I don't mean to depress you ) then it all seemed to get worse when a date I had went totally pear-shaped I got home totally flattened , entered a bounty hunter to take my mind off it and won . Then hit a good cashing streak and I've now just about got my losses back and looking to hit the front. Patience and persistance are essential part of the poker game.
  • edited October 2012
    to be honest your run bad is someone elses run good.

when you run good someone else is running bad.

i don't see what posting here is gonna achieve, people here want you to not be able to hit anything lol
  • edited October 2012
    I don't know, just a total lack of good spots, idiots calling with nothing... its just horrible to feel like you're playing so well and to keep getting screwed over
  • edited October 2012
    idiots calling with nothing? go play 5NL on Stars and then see how frustrating poker is when it's impossible to squeeze value out of anyone unless you're coolering them. we want morons to call with nothing because that's where our money comes from. so what if they get there sometimes.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand?:
    Happens in life too. Some days you get out of bed and stub your toe on the bedroom door. You then burn your mouth on your cup of coffee and drop your toast buttered side down on the floor. Then on your way to work you step in some dog mess and miss your bus. Then when you're already running late every traffic light seems to be on red making you even later. I could carry this on to cover the whole day but i'm depressing myself so I'll stop.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    i was always told this was good luck
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Why, honestly why, is it that on some days you just can't win a hand? : i was always told this was good luck
    Posted by Dazler

You're thinking of when a bird cr*ps on our head!!!
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by Rexas
    On a 3-4 night of winning hands getting caught by turn or river (gurgle)...not the first time.....if your doing the raising dont commit too many chips....not a lot u can do if your all-inned by a worse hand and get caught....just tighten up...gl