You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Limped Pot, Deepish river overjam spot

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TKDROB Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £4.80
NColley Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.47
 Your hole cards

shanks87 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £13.84
joe11 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £13.66
TKDROB Fold     
NColley Check     
Flop

• K

NColley Bet  £0.20 £0.55 £16.27
shanks87 Raise  £0.40 £0.95 £13.44
joe11 Fold     
NColley Call  £0.20 £1.15 £16.07
Turn

NColley Check     
shanks87 Bet  £1.15 £2.30 £12.29
NColley Call  £1.15 £3.45 £14.92
River

NColley Check     
shanks87 All-in  £12.29 £15.74 £0.00
NColley
I be readless

Flame away boys

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Readless I suppose we should fold and expect that most players wouldn't overshove here without the nuts. If he has a set or weak flush, does he really think that a shove can be called by worse? Probably not. I think we should assume that unknowns understand at least that much, until we see otherwise.

Was the check-call on the turn merely for pot-control? It seems a raise here would be the best long-term strategy. You've got to assume at this stage you have the best hand most of the time and should probably raise for value.

If you're checking back because you fear his min-raise on the flop means a better flush draw, it would seem that you must not be completely readless. Usually I would think a semi-bluff on the flop would be bigger than a min-raise unless my I had paticular history with the opponent.
  • edited October 2012
    shouldn't you bet the turn? You don't want to see another club on the river. And if he then comes over the top you have to be thinking your flush is no good.
  • edited October 2012
    im 100 percent reaising the flop im happy to get it in here with a pair plus flush draw 
  • edited October 2012
    Raise the flop and i fold river cant expect him not to have the nuts here unless hes a nutter!
  • edited October 2012
    C/r flop, as played I like the flat

C/r turn

Meh prob fold now. I be tempted to call as he open limped pre though, which puts less fds in flop raising range imo
  • edited October 2012
    Yea,
    I called, he shows K9o and I scooped.

Only checked river cause he pot bet turn so was figuring that he will bet more on river then I would of value bet. Dno if this is bad thinking in the long run though