You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So.........You Want to be a Poker Pro?

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
nice - I would 5bet mr nice guy, and at least I would have bragging rights down t' pub whichever way it goes.

PS survival is not my strong point

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Bankroll aside - What makes you think you are good enough?

It's the WSOP- Negranu is sat to your left - He re-raises your three bet on a flop of 7h,5h,9s (Your holding Pocket 7s) Whats your next move? What could you possibly put him on? Do we make the call here or do we re-raise the master of all poker players?

Think about it very carefully - .........

He could be holding 6,8 hearts (easily within his range imo) but there is a multitude of other hands within his range that could get there in the end and see us dead and buried.

Ok OK!!! Negranu may be a little bit scary and being in a hand with him may sway your decision slightly for what ever reason, so lets make it a little bit easier.......................

It's quite unlikely, but lets just say it's Sylvester Stallone sat to your left instead of Negranu (Yes....I can hear it now) you just can't resist saying "Don't Push Me"after his re-raise :) but is that the first thing that would have came into your head if negranu had been sat there?

Should we let player perception influence our game or just stick to a plan?

Quick Joke- What's the difference between Negranu & Stallone?

Answer: After getting knocked out, they would both say "I'll be Back" :)

Your thought processes please..............................
  • edited October 2012
    Negreanu on a draw
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: So.........You Want to be a Poker Pro?:
    Negreanu on a draw
    Posted by Pipunch
    Quite possibly - Ive seen him hit those many times and play them without fear.

So, are we folding, callin, re-raising, shovin - Whats next against the great man? are we good enough to take him on?

OH! and Stack Sizes = Negranu 56K - YOU 48K - Blinds 500/1000

Personally, I would be happy with my flopped set most of the time, but this is the WSOP and it's negranu (or Sylvester) so all of a sudden i'm not so sure. Can't help thinking the next card out could kill my hand or at the very least make my next decision unbarable.
  • edited October 2012
    I think your still deep enough to flat at this stage and reassess on the turn. However not against re-raising at this point, not going to be massively upset if it all goes in and he's on a massive draw, be very unlucky to be up against 99
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: So.........You Want to be a Poker Pro? : Quite possibly - Ive seen him hit those many times and play them without fear. So, are we folding, callin, re-raising, shovin - Whats next against the great man? are we good enough to take him on? OH! and Stack Sizes = Negranu 56K - YOU 48K - Blinds 500/1000 Personally, I would be happy with my flopped set most of the time, but this is the WSOP and it's negranu (or Sylvester) so all of a sudden i'm not so sure. Can't help thinking the next card out could kill my hand or at the very least make my next decision unbarable.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    what does Negreanu have special cards or something? we have a set, we're re-raising looking to get it in.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: So.........You Want to be a Poker Pro? : what does Negreanu have special cards or something? we have a set, we're re-raising looking to get it in.
    Posted by Pipunch
    Crazy how the mind can play games with us. I suppose it's a bit like who "wants to be a millionaire" and Chris Tarrent say's "Are you sure that's the correct answer?" We knew it was the right answer at the time we picked it but now he is making us have doubts.

• edited October 2012
    I'm with boles and Pipunch. On that flop I'm shoving to try and put the pressure back on him. Which probably explains why he's a multimillionaire and I'm playing 2 quid tourneys.
  • edited October 2012
    i think you have the wrong action hero for "i'll be back"
  • edited October 2012
    i think you have the wrong action hero for "i'll be back"
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

lolz

"Adriiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!"
  • edited October 2012
    shove!!!!!!!!!!!  he probably has 10 J