You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic

13BB left - folded to me on the button - shove all in - BB has KK
I'm happy to shove this normally, but being a big tourney and everyone playing tight as we near the bubble did I need to shove here. I don't think I can fold - but can I really b/f? Any better line?

(and yes not technically my exit hand but with <1000 left it didn't take long)

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
Daps66 Small blind   500.00 500.00 8412.50
Nutter5932 Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 11436.50
Your hole cards
  • A
kimbobo Fold        
luto2512 Fold        
GELDY All-in   13100.00 14600.00 0.00
Daps66 Fold        
Nutter5932 All-in   11436.50 26036.50 0.00
GELDY Unmatched bet   663.50 25373.00 663.50
Nutter5932 Show
  • K
  • K

GELDY Show
  • A

Flop
Turn
  • K
River
Nutter5932 Win Three Kings 25373.00   25373.00 

Comments

• edited October 2012
    super standard, unlucky
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid:
    super standard, unlucky
    Posted by sikas
    +1

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Don't fret, they happen to bad people like me too. :)
  • edited October 2012
    This is a spot were i used to play the same shoving that kind of hand with that stack but find it better now to minraise and fold to a shove if we know are opponants going to have us beat.  With 10 bbs id definately shove pre but think you can raise fold here
  • edited October 2012
    This is a spot were i used to play the same shoving that kind of hand with that stack but find it better now to minraise and fold to a shove if we know are opponants going to have us beat.  With 10 bbs id definately shove pre but think you can raise fold here
    Posted by bearlyther
    Min raise B v B with 13bb left? If anything they will tighten up near the bubble and its better to exploit. It was just unlucky Ben woke up with KK and even then you are not dead. Sweaty flop too :) IMO its a shove all day long. If you play to min cash scrape into the money in these situations you are going to get noticed and bullied. 

As Sikas said its super standard. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid : Min raise B v B with 13bb left? If anything they will tighten up near the bubble and its better to exploit. It was just unlucky Ben woke up with KK and even then you are not dead. Sweaty flop too :) IMO its a shove all day long. If you play to min cash scrape into the money in these situations you are going to get noticed and bullied.  As Sikas said its super standard. 
    Posted by mewillows

I dont think there is anything wrong with the shove but i prefer a raise fold as if opponant jams on us we know we are behind and can fold and wait for a better spot especially with no antes its not essential tyo shove here
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid : I dont think there is anything wrong with the shove but i prefer a raise fold as if opponant jams on us we know we are behind and can fold and wait for a better spot especially with no antes its not essential tyo shove here
    Posted by bearlyther
    Guess it comes down to what you do with other hands. Do you min-raise AA or just fold, what about AK, KQs, TT etc... If you start min-raising from 13xBB with hands you don't wanna go all in with, good players like nutter will just jam ATC back at you
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid : Guess it comes down to what you do with other hands. Do you min-raise AA or just fold, what about AK, KQs, TT etc... If you start min-raising from 13xBB with hands you don't wanna go all in with, good players like nutter will just jam ATC back at you
    Posted by Lambert180

Yes min raise all hands thats the thing doesnt matter if they are a good player or not they cant jam light as in theory most of the time noone is going to be raise folding from a 13 bb stack as they have no fold equity most of the time so someone in the big blind is not going to suddenly rejam witk something like k8
  • edited October 2012
    Except you just recommended raise/folding from a 13xBB stack, so now we know you do it ;) lol, so we do have FE
  • edited October 2012
    Except you just recommended raise/folding from a 13xBB stack, so now we know you do it ;) lol, so we do have FE
    Posted by Lambert180

Yes but it is not the normal thing to do to raise fold from that stack so i can assure you the blinds will not be jamming light if they are competant players.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid : Yes but it is not the normal thing to do to raise fold from that stack so i can assure you the blinds will not be jamming light if they are competant players.
    Posted by bearlyther
    say you do raise/fold.  you are now left with 11bb and less shove equity, giving the players a wider range to call you with.

saying that im going to experiment the min raise/fold with 13-155bb left as im now inrtigued.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Exit hand from tonights Roller 10 left 8 get paid : Yes but it is not the normal thing to do to raise fold from that stack so i can assure you the blinds will not be jamming light if they are competant players.
    Posted by bearlyther
    makes a lot of sense. if one is doing this with monsters as well as more speculative hands then other shortish stacks shouldn't be jamming light. Best used in the higher quality tournaments I guess, but really insightful and helpful advice. It was almost worth being knocked out so as to get to ask this question.

Thank you bearlyther