You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing on sky abroad

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat

I know this has been asked before, but I cant remember seeing a definitive answer.  Basically my question is, if I am outside the countries in which sky poker allows player sign ups, will my IP be blocked? Or will is it possible to play on sky, considering I already have an account, registered to a UK bank account etc.

For example, I will be spending some time in Canada soon, play or no play?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    +1

can i play from Greece?
  • edited October 2012
    According to the help pages these are the counties SkyPoker accept accounts from:

United Kingdom
    Ireland
    Bulgaria
    Cyprus
    Finland
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Guernsey
    Isle of Man
    Jersey
    Sweden

If I was intending to play outside of these places I would ask for something expressly from Customer Services, like an email I can play from X country.  I might do that anyway if I was going to one of the above countries outside of the UK and Ireland, but I am a worry guts.
  • edited October 2012
    In answer to Canada Boon, I think you'd be OK but that's only my opinion, just because Canada is still is an open book for online Poker as far as I know.  I'd defo ask for an email from support confirming this in your case, just so I have plenty of back up.
  • edited October 2012

I've managed to log in and play from Jamaica, thailand, turkey and greece in the last few years .... Can't see you having a problem...

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: Playing on sky abroad:
    I've managed to log in and play from Jamaica, thailand, turkey and greece in the last few years .... Can't see you having a problem...
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Why wouldn't you grind while in Jamaica!! *shakes head*
  • edited October 2012

Thanks for replies

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Playing on sky abroad:
    I know this has been asked before, but I cant remember seeing a definitive answer.  Basically my question is, if I am outside the countries in which sky poker allows player sign ups, will my IP be blocked? Or will is it possible to play on sky, considering I already have an account, registered to a UK bank account etc. For example, I will be spending some time in Canada soon, play or no play? Thanks for any help.
    Posted by Boonicon
    I was in Canda from november last year to may this and was able to play from there with no trouble.
  • edited October 2012

Cool thanks Jams