You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can you help

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
hi. this post has been on the communitythread with no joy. you see i play poker on the down load version( iam typing this on net version) but for the life of me i cannot click on find a player, forums,profile,account, blogs etc, it only allows me to play poker. i have tried uninstalling both sky and adobe air and reinstalling but with no joy.i cannot even click on help on the down load version. any ideas??

Comments

• edited October 2012
    That's really odd.  Let's take it point by point.

When you click on the 'Find a Player' tab on the Download client, what happens?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: can you help:
    That's really odd.  Let's take it point by point. When you click on the 'Find a Player' tab on the Download client, what happens?
    Posted by TommyD
    hi, nothing at all
  • edited October 2012
    That's really odd.  Let's take it point by point. When you click on the 'Find a Player' tab on the Download client, what happens?
    Posted by TommyD
    also if i click my tables, community,promos and prefrences, no joy
  • edited October 2012
    But you can click between cash games, SnGs, and MTTS correct?

If you hover over 'Community' or ''my Sky Poker' do you get any drop down menus?
  • edited October 2012
    But you can click between cash games, SnGs, and MTTS correct? If you hover over 'Community' or ''my Sky Poker' do you get any drop down menus?
    Posted by TommyD
    yeah tommy correct i can switch between games. i dont however get the drop down menus. its really fustrating. hate playing on the net version.
  • edited October 2012
    This all just sounds odd.  It's beyond me TBH.  I think you need to reinstall again, but make sure every file is uninstalled/deleted.  It's the only thing I can think of, contact Customer Care for some advise as well but it'll probably be hit and miss if someone will be able to help.

Sorry I couldn't be of any use for this one, never heard of that kind of issue before.
  • edited October 2012
    My find a player option doesn't work in the download either. It works perfeclty ok on Chrome just not the download. It just says 'loading...'
  • edited October 2012

best man 4 the job is Machka,

if anyone can...Machka can!!!

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    sounds like a graphics card problem to me
  • edited October 2012
    If your using IE 8 or 9 try downloading mozilla firefox or chrome then try,  sometimes it can be a bug in the Browser that ur using or try resetting IE back to defaults.
  • edited October 2012
    Windamon, odd problem. Mine works perfectly including the Find A Player.
    Are you on the latest version 1.104? (It tells you in the pop-up window where you enter your user ID and PIN).

Also Adobe Air version? I'm using 3.4.0.2540 which I think is the latest.

• edited October 2012
    I think it may have been a bug in the previous Adobe Air update. I didn't have problems as bad as Windamon but my Find a Player and My Tables would just show loading...... I tried every combination possible of uninstalling Adobe and the poker download and going back to old versions etc. but nothing worked. Then very strangely after the last time Sky poker crashed for a couple hours a few weeks ago everything was back to normal.The only thing I can suggest is totally removing Adobe and the poker and ALL associated files. There is a programme called Iobit uninstaller that will remove 100% of all files that I use. Then download the latest versions of poker and Adobe direct from the Sky poker website. BTW I'm using Vista and IE9.
  • edited October 2012
    If your using IE 8 or 9 try downloading mozilla firefox or chrome then try,  sometimes it can be a bug in the Browser that ur using or try resetting IE back to defaults.
    Posted by archwiz28

Which browser you use won't have any effect on the download client.
  • edited October 2012
    sounds like a graphics card problem to me
    Posted by NColley

Why do you think this?

To me it sounds like something is corrupted or he's not running the latest version of Adobe Air or the Download client.

Or it could be something else on his pc causing conflicts/ stopping certain functions from working.
  • edited October 2012
    Have had this for ages - raised with cc and on forum but only response is to reinstall Air etc which doesn't help.  very frustrating.
  • edited October 2012
    there seems to be lots of little glitches about concerning the download.

i raised the issue that i cant save my sound preferences a few weeks ago. i want to mute my tables so even tho i save these settings in the main menu, they are completely ignored when i load up a table and also when i log off then back on
  • edited October 2012
    the issue sounds like an adobe air update problem, as it's only happened since the last update, usually removal and re-install solves this, however  try going to the adobe.com download page and downloading the latest version from there rather than the version that comes with the download client package.

hope this helps 

• edited October 2012
    i haven't down loaded the latest adobe air  up-date as it meant my security system would be switched off for a short period,which doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.
    so i am still running on the older system,which works fine.
    i would do as many have suggested already,delete all old programmes and re-load again.
    good luck
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    I think it may have been a bug in the previous Adobe Air update. I didn't have problems as bad as Windamon but my Find a Player and My Tables would just show loading...... I tried every combination possible of uninstalling Adobe and the poker download and going back to old versions etc. but nothing worked. Then very strangely after the last time Sky poker crashed for a couple hours a few weeks ago everything was back to normal.The only thing I can suggest is totally removing Adobe and the poker and ALL associated files. There is a programme called Iobit uninstaller that will remove 100% of all files that I use. Then download the latest versions of poker and Adobe direct from the Sky poker website. BTW I'm using Vista and IE9.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Glad someone was happy :)
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: can you help : Why do you think this? To me it sounds like something is corrupted or he's not running the latest version of Adobe Air or the Download client. Or it could be something else on his pc causing conflicts/ stopping certain functions from working.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    apologies, I didn't read OP fully, thought he couldn't do anything on the client but he can play poker.

if he has clean reinstalled adobe air/ and skypoker client then it is probably something to do with a popup blocker/firewall program preventing the windows from opening imo
  • edited October 2012
    The tables or lobbies wouldn't load if it was that I would have thought.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: can you help : Which browser you use won't have any effect on the download client.
    Posted by AcidMan27

am i bad been doing this job to long u are right i should have read the post more closely

• edited October 2012
    I have the same problem.

Find a player just says searching as does "My Tables"

Havent tried it yet but I remember someone suggested uninstalling flash and reloading the older version as it seams to be a problem with the latest flash version.

I will try it today and let you know.
  • edited October 2012
    last night's 'scheduled outage' seems to have fixed this issue for me on the dc
  • edited October 2012
    last night's 'scheduled outage' seems to have fixed this issue for me on the dc
    Posted by SoLack
    +1