You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it genuine coincidence

edited November 2009 in Area 51
I have only used this site for 1 week, relatively new but have been knocked out bizarrely twice, today in a multi table tourney i had KK and was raised so i re-raised, then got re-raised before i again re-raised to which the opponent went all in so i called..this was pre-flop and he had J9 off suit, then low and behold he pulls off a straight, a similar thing happened days ago too when i had QQ and he had 2,5...again i was out, this in my only 2 times i have been on here so now i am asking myself is this genuine or not

Comments

• edited November 2009
    it happens to us all, believe me.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Is it genuine coincidence:
    I have only used this site for 1 week, relatively new but have been knocked out bizarrely twice, today in a multi table tourney i had KK and was raised so i re-raised, then got re-raised before i again re-raised to which the opponent went all in so i called..this was pre-flop and he had J9 off suit, then low and behold he pulls off a straight, a similar thing happened days ago too when i had QQ and he had 2,5...again i was out, this in my only 2 times i have been on here so now i am asking myself is this genuine or not
    Posted by burkey1888
    Hi

Unfortunatey, pairs do get outdrawn in poker, it is part of the game, it does happen live too, it is known as varience and does even itself out over time, you cant do any more than get your money ahead.
  • edited November 2009

thanx thats one way to look at it

• edited November 2009
    Take solace in the fact that in both cases you went in ahead and the other players have got very very lucky.  These are the type of players that you want to come up against because more often than not you ARE going to win the hand when they play you with those junk cards.
  • edited November 2009
    In answer to your question............. yes it is.
  • edited November 2009
    I KNOW IT FEELS BAD,BELIEVE ME.BUT AS KIWINI SAYS THESE ARE THE TYPE OF PLAYERS YOU WANT TO BE ALL-IN WITH
  • edited November 2009
    get used to it  happens a lot ps unlucky
  • edited November 2009
    you will get used to - not. check into Area51. You will read about lots of bad beats in there.  Unfortunately there are a lot of nutters who will play any hand regardless. Could your table image prior to this hand cause him to doubt you?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Is it genuine coincidence:
    Posted by burkey1888
    For you to ask this question, you must be relatively new to online poker. This sort of thing happens hundreds of times a day somewhere and worse lol, its all to do with odds and the amount of hands played on a site, that's why its so common. 2 times a week is not bad. It is how you deal with the 'downs' of this game that determine if you will be a success, and believe me you will get plenty of those, on the other hand you will get plenty of highs. My advice is to just play for fun, enjoy the game for what it is - a game, and don't ever bet what you will miss.
  • edited November 2009
    It does happen to us all. KK cracked twice in one evening by AK, first by an A on the river, second time by a straight on the river.
    It is something that takes some getting used to by after time when you get your chips in ahead you will win.
  • edited November 2009
    5.5k BH tonight re-raised with AA, chappy re-raises all in 6000 chips and I have 5990 (lol) he shows 99 and hits a 9 on the flop, I'm saved I thought as 4 diamonds on board but alas no A Diamonds!

Poker - 52 card game and any 2 good at certain times!

D
  • edited November 2009

Thats hard to take but it was a pair against a pair, i was against 2 5 off suit, thats just crazy

• edited November 2009
    It happens to everyone..........
    Darklinkk Small blind  25.00 25.00 2945.00
    BlackToken Big blind  50.00 75.00 2050.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

russell03 Fold     
    phil12uk Raise  150.00 225.00 1575.00
    v1All-in  1475.00 1700.00 0.00
    DAIBOOT Fold     
    Darklinkk Fold     
    BlackToken Fold     
    phil12uk Call  1325.00 3025.00 250.00
    phil12uk Show
    • A
    • A

v1 Show

Flop

• K
    • K

Turn

River

v1Win Full House, 5s and Kings 3025.00  3025.00
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Is it genuine coincidence:
    Thats hard to take but it was a pair against a pair, i was against 2 5 off suit, thats just crazy
    Posted by burkey1888
     Actually it is not that big a difference
     Overpair to underpair is about 82% favourite
     Overpair to 2 undercards is about 89% favourite.

The difference is who made the move in the hand. If the guy with 25 pushed first then he was making a move and did not want to be called as the best he could hope for was to be a 2 to 1 dog. If you pushed first and he called then he is a really bad player who will very quickly lose his bankroll by making such BINGO calls.
  • edited November 2009
    hi,
    had the same happen as you, sometimes more regular than not, but its swings and roundabouts and as said you will get ur time......sick with it this is a great site if you get seated with the right ppl.
    x