You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New player

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Hey, I dunno if this is the right place to put this, but ah well.

Im a very new player, literally only been playing for a few weeks and obviously haven't done any big stakes, I just wanted to know how I was doing. On the 2 new customer freeroll tourns I finished like 63rd and 25th, is that decent or is it not that hard to do well on those? Then i've played a few small dym sit n go's. I'd say I got into the top 3 in just over half. 

Really appreciate some feedback, thanks!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to New player:
    Hey, I dunno if this is the right place to put this, but ah well. Im a very new player, literally only been playing for a few weeks and obviously haven't done any big stakes, I just wanted to know how I was doing. On the 2 new customer freeroll tourns I finished like 63rd and 25th, is that decent or is it not that hard to do well on those? Then i've played a few small dym sit n go's. I'd say I got into the top 3 in just over half.  Really appreciate some feedback, thanks!
    Posted by ididit14
    hi ididit,
    like the name btw.

freerolls are a great place to play as they are obviously costing you nothing and you are therefore getting great and much needed experience.
    just keep on playing them and you will eventually find yourself getting closer and closer to the money,and will then cash.
    playing the 60p DYM's is also a very good place to play as you know exactly how much you will lose and win.
    finishing in the top 3 in over 1/2 of your games is a good start.
    when i first started playing DYM i was looking to try and win 2 from every 3 games,which is just about what you need to do to make any money.
    once you can do that move up to the £1 games as the rake(the ammount you all pay sky...15p at this level)
    is better for you than at the 60p level(10p i know,which is less,but for 2 games you play would cost you 5p more than the £1 game).
    anyway,
    i'm sure you will sort out what is best for you,as we all have had to do i think,at some point or other.
    good luck
    and lets hope you really will be saying "I DID IT" very soon.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    it's impossible to say whether it's good really. you could be having some good luck.

best thing to do is post in the clinic any specific winning/losing hands and let them discuss your play