You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Move or Spew?

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi,

Any thoughts on this?

I thought the short stack was shoving pretty light, so the idea was to isolate to prevent being outdrawn.

Cheers,
Doug

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pete1954Small blind £0.02£0.02£0.81
seanyo10Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.91
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

DOOOOGRaise £0.16£0.22£2.92
changjaiFold    
monkeeeyFold    
dgw69Fold    
pete1954Call £0.14£0.36£0.67
seanyo10Raise £0.24£0.60£3.67
DOOOOGCall £0.12£0.72£2.80
pete1954Call £0.12£0.84£0.55
Flop

pete1954All-in £0.55£1.39£0.00
seanyo10Call £0.55£1.94£3.12
DOOOOGAll-in

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Never ever flat call pre with KK at 4NL, straight away you've set fire to LOADS of profit by donig that. Once there's the raise to 12p, and 3bet to 24p, you should make it like 70p ish

All in is fine on the flop, but if you're gonna get aggro on a flop like this, just get aggro pre-flop when you KNOW (apart from the one obv hand) you'll have the best hand. You don't wanna be isolating for fear of getting outdrawn, if you keep playing KK defensively then you're gonna lose massive value.
  • edited October 2012
    I think you should 4b pre in this situation at 4nl, unlikely either villain folds

Flop, if you shove it should be because you think villain calls. He's not folding better and you don't want him to fold worse. I prob raise smaller
  • edited October 2012
    short stack is shoving having caught any part of the board and any overpair probs

you only have £2 behind if i'm reading it correctly, the shove is fine i think. probably taking down a healthy pot. if you make it like £1.50 in the hope of getting called by worse you're pot committed anyway

and i think there's too much talk of '4NL'. bad players play at every stake and our mission is to make them make mistakes. a mistake here pre is calling with worse. you need to be reraising pre in order to get as much money in the pot when you think you're winning. then any shove post flop is going to be more likely to be called due to stack/pot size from villain. imo of course.

• edited October 2012
    Thanks folks, I'll aim to play these hands more aggressively pre-flop in future. 

I was right about the short stack who had 6c 8h but ended up getting coolered by the larger stack who called with Aces.

Cheers,
    Doug