You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL Good fold?????

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Villian is a good solid reg but can play lag sometimes but hadnt steped out of line in this session.
I 4bet thinking if he calls his range is 1010, jj, AQ, AK and if he 5bets he's got KK or AA is this correct thinking?

Hand History #571989448 (13:25 07/10/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancethomas87Small blind £0.05£0.05£10.15 Big blind £0.10£0.15£10.61 Your hole cardsJJ   cotteril03Call £0.10£0.25£6.46splashiesFold    potter21Fold    scrumdownFold    thomas87Raise £0.35£0.60£9.80 Raise £1.20£1.80£9.41cotteril03Fold    thomas87Raise £2.90£4.70£6.90 All-in £9.41£14.11£0.00thomas87Fold     Muck     Win £6.70 £6.70 Return £7.41£0.00£14.11

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Firstly, does QQ not exist? lol. Is that in the flatting or 5betting section?

I can't see the stack sizes. Isolating the limper is fine. Once you get 3bet,I think it's flat call or fold, I'm not 4betting JJ here.

Sounds a bit nitty, but unless you're deep I don't think his 3bet size gives you the right odds to go set-mining, and I might be swayed more towards a fold. Against his range you're probably gonna be crushed or flipping a VERY high percentage of the time, especially if he's a reg that you aint seen get out of line.

So yeah it's a good fold once you 4bet, but I don't 4bet for this exact reason.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL Good fold?????:
    Firstly, does QQ not exist? lol. Is that in the flatting or 5betting section? I can't see the stack sizes. Isolating the limper is fine. Once you get 3bet,I think it's flat call or fold, I'm not 4betting JJ here. Sounds a bit nitty, but unless you're deep I don't think his 3bet size gives you the right odds to go set-mining, and I might be swayed more towards a fold. Against his range you're probably gonna be crushed or flipping a VERY high percentage of the time, especially if he's a reg that you aint seen get out of line. So yeah it's a good fold once you 4bet, but I don't 4bet for this exact reason.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I've just checked the HH and villain is good and often does get out of line.

Once you 4bet i think we have to call it off.
  • edited October 2012
    lol yeah QQ are in the 5bet range. 

Stacks are 100 bb, if i do just flat call and flop comes overcards then i'll have to check/fold is this right?

What reason would you 4bet?

Thanks for the reply
  • edited October 2012
    I wouldn't 4bet JJ unless I knew the 3bettor to be very aggro and knew he would call/raise me with more than just absolute premiums.

Who is it Splashies... Rancid? He loves to get out of line lol. If it's Rancid, I get it in pre.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL Good fold????? : I've just checked the HH and villain is good and often does get out of line. Once you 4bet i think we have to call it off.
    Posted by splashies

I know he does get out of line but i hadnt seen him do it in this session or the past week. Would he 5bet bluff???
  • edited October 2012
    if you 4bet its to get it in dont fold ever

also if you call 3bet you got to have a plan if you are going the whole way with the hand on different types of boards and what boards you are willing to fold or stack off to.

but other option is if you dont think opponent is doing this unless they have qq+ just fold find another spot.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL Good fold????? : I've just checked the HH and villain is good and often does get out of line. Once you 4bet i think we have to call it off.
    Posted by splashies
    how do you check the HH....or are you the villain?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL Good fold????? : how do you check the HH....or are you the villain?
    Posted by waller02
    He weren't the villian but you can see Splashies in the HH, and you can check hands you were dealt cards in
  • edited October 2012
    I wouldn't 4bet JJ unless I knew the 3bettor to be very aggro and knew he would call/raise me with more than just absolute premiums. Who is it Splashies... Rancid? He loves to get out of line lol. If it's Rancid, I get it in pre.
    Posted by Lambert180
    No, I said the villain was good :P :D

• edited October 2012
    I would prob get it in, but it depends on dynamic. Once u 4b don't fold
  • edited October 2012
    lets play guess the villain...........
  • edited October 2012
    was it dtwbandit????
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the PM Martin, I'd reply by PM but Firefox don't let me.

How's your micro stakes cash going by the way, it's been a while since you posted on my diary? I'm still doing well, but probably not as good as you. I'm up to £350 now.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the PM Martin, I'd reply by PM but Firefox don't let me. How's your micro stakes cash going by the way, it's been a while since you posted on my diary? I'm still doing well, but probably not as good as you. I'm up to £350 now.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Not brilliant sadly, i'll post my weekly update after todays session. Think the profit challenge is v close now.
  • edited October 2012
    dont like 4b/fing JJ without good reads. im assuming100bb deep i woulf flat the 3b if i dont want to get it in preflop.

also think 4bet is too big like £2.50 total would be better as it makes your bluffs cheaper
  • edited October 2012
    if you think he's 3betting with quite a wide range but only 5bet shoving AA/KK/QQ/AK then just call the 3bet.

if you think he's 3betting with quite a wide range and 5bet shoving with a wider range than that above then 4bet/call

if you think he's 3betting with a v.tight range then fold to his 3bet
  • edited October 2012
    Hey guys thanks for all your advice.

After thinking about it i should have called his 3bet and hope for a good flop.
    What if i 4bet shoved and put the pressure on him or is this wrong as we are 100bb deep?

Thanks again

• edited October 2012
    It's wrong cos al his weaker hands fold but the ones that crush you (if you're lucky some that you flip with) will call
  • edited October 2012
    It's wrong cos al his weaker hands fold but the ones that crush you (if you're lucky some that you flip with) will call
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah good point