You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hi guys

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys can a profit be made by playing mtts or is cash the way to go .

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Too vague a question. What do u find ur better at playing? Do u have lots of time to focus on an mtt or varied time for cash?  What bankroll do u have? What type of play do u prefer - fast games or deepstacks?
  • edited November 2009

if ur a newbie potters i,d stay well away from those cash tables ,ive been playing for 2 years ,and every time i go play cash i get leathered ..........come to think of it every time i play mtts i get leathered too,,,,,maybe its time to take up skateboarding .....................ten

• edited November 2009
    All that Phil says above is valid and correct. As a general point to my own game, Cash is best to make a higher regular profit but the a big win on an MTT can tide you over in profit for quite some time. I make money less regularly on MTT's but when i do it pays back my buy in and then a huge % wise increase to my profit 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: hi guys:
    if ur a newbie potters i,d stay well away from those cash tables ,ive been playing for 2 years ,and every time i go play cash i get leathered ..........come to think of it every time i play mtts i get leathered too,,,,,maybe its time to take up skateboarding .....................ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Ten m8 - this i would LOVE to see :)
  • edited November 2009

ACESOVER8's is correct.

If you want to turn a profit playing poker, Cash games are by far the easiest route.

Tourneys are huge fun, but Cash is where regular profits are earned by all Poker Pros.
  • edited November 2009
    no question about it cash is where profit is if you are confident in your own ability.tournaments are great fun but you need to go very deep if you want a very good profit
  • edited November 2009
    yep cash is where the money is