You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

8NL - 2 overs + FD V shorty

edited October 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Any thoughts on my line in this hand? Too spewy again?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
driver202 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.01
woodsie48 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.80
HX1 Big blind  £0.08 £0.20 £2.42
canny3911 Big blind  £0.08 £0.28 £6.32
  Your hole cards
  • K

HX1 Check     
QED43 Fold     
canny3911 Check     
Lambert180 Raise  £0.40 £0.68 £11.12
driver202 Fold     
woodsie48 Call  £0.32 £1.00 £3.48
HX1 Fold     
canny3911 Fold     
Flop

woodsie48 Bet  £0.50 £1.50 £2.98
Lambert180 All-in  £11.12 £12.62 £0.00
woodsie48 All-in  £2.98 £15.60 £0.00
Lambert180 Unmatched bet  £7.64 £7.96 £7.64
woodsie48 Show
  • K

Lambert180 Show
  • K

Turn

• A

River

• K

woodsie48 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 8s £7.36  £7.36

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Perfectly played. Like the sizing pre and we are never getting away post flop v a fish here. NH.
  • edited October 2012

It's fine even thought he's probably never folding. run better. 
  • edited October 2012
    I'd probably make the pre-flop raise a little smaller. I don't think treating posters in the same way as limpers makes too much sense. They're no more likely to have playable hands than the players yet to act. I'd probably just make the raise to 32p... which is clearly nitpicking over 1BB. lol

As it is, I think you've played it exactly as I would on the flop. I'm not folding or calling with two overs and the second nut draw... so stack sizes make it a shove.
  • edited October 2012
    it's higher variance but even against a stronger pre flop range than he has and assuming he could have caught any piece of it we're still good against the overall range

although if we're certain he's only calling with a piece of the board/pair then it's pretty much literally a coin flip
  • edited October 2012
    @ Borin - Yet again you bring something new to the discussion. It's an interesting point you make abuot treating posters the same as limpers. I generally do treat them much the same for 2 reasons...

1) My opinion of a player instantly drops when I see them post lol, most good players won't do it imo. Obviously it's not a fool-proof guide to spotting fish, but I think it is often the case.

2) I know they haven't put their BB in based on their hand but it is still in the pot, so still affects the pot odds. If I don't go bigger, I offer everyone great odds to flat my raise pre.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 8NL - 2 overs + FD V shorty:
    @ Borin - Yet again you bring something new to the discussion. It's an interesting point you make abuot treating posters the same as limpers. I generally do treat them much the same for 2 reasons...

1) My opinion of a player instantly drops when I see them post lol, most good players won't do it imo. Obviously it's not a fool-proof guide to spotting fish, but I think it is often the case.

2) I know they haven't put their BB in based on their hand but it is still in the pot, so still affects the pot odds. If I don't go bigger, I offer everyone great odds to flat my raise pre.
    Posted by Lambert180
    This isn't a problem. We're going to be in position, with the betting lead. If they want to call a raise with a raggy hand and play a flop, that's good news...

I'm not suggesting that we make a tiny raise, but if we make it 32p instead of 40p, then we're asking them to put in 24p to win 60p. It's very little difference between that and 32p to win 68p. As I say it's only nitpicking but it seems like a big blind we can save.
  • edited October 2012
    Are we all saying this is fine/standard due to the stakes?

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: 8NL - 2 overs + FD V shorty:
    In Response to Re: 8NL - 2 overs + FD V shorty : This isn't a problem. We're going to be in position, with the betting lead. If they want to call a raise with a raggy hand and play a flop, that's good news... I'm not suggesting that we make a tiny raise, but if we make it 32p instead of 40p, then we're asking them to put in 24p to win 60p. It's very little difference between that and 32p to win 68p. As I say it's only nitpicking but it seems like a big blind we can save.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Are we not value betting? If so an extra bb gained? I doubt we are going to have a balanced range here