You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is grinding DYM's profitible

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
I've been playing skypoker for about 18months now and I have experimented for all the different games the site has to offer. I find myself to be a profitible player when it comes to tournys and DYM's but not so much with cash. Would it be recommended to grind the DYM's for a small profit?? (I mainly play 5.50/11 games and average about £100 profit per week) or would it be more recommended to spend a few months trying to become a profitible cash player as i know most of the top players on the site make their money from that?? would really like peoples opinions on the matter and also any tips on how to improve my DYM or Cash game would be appreciated

thanks jordz1616

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Whatever suits you best, there are plenty of players make a good profit grinding DYM's /  sng's
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Is grinding DYM's profitible:
    I've been playing skypoker for about 18months now and I have experimented for all the different games the site has to offer. I find myself to be a profitible player when it comes to tournys and DYM's but not so much with cash. Would it be recommended to grind the DYM's for a small profit?? (I mainly play 5.50/11 games and average about £100 profit per week) or would it be more recommended to spend a few months trying to become a profitible cash player as i know most of the top players on the site make their money from that?? would really like peoples opinions on the matter and also any tips on how to improve my DYM or Cash game would be appreciated thanks jordz1616
    Posted by jordz16
    i always think the same things about dyms but there a load of plyers tht grind them and do well,but ive discovered tey defo are profitable as devonfish made about a grand in a couple of months grindin them
  • edited October 2012
    Dyms, are infested with regs, that makes it interesting.......... as long as you keep notes, and adjust your play to the opponents and the level, you should be able to make a consistant profit....

Gary
  • edited October 2012
    hi jordz,
    i think u r right in that most of the 'big boys' play mainly cash for there bread & butter,but they also play tournies and some also play dym too,Tommy D 4 example.
    so if u r looking to make big bucks probably cash would be good.
    dym's are profitable especially once u get to the higher levels,also good for c4p too.
    i've just earned 400 tonight..
    sounds like u r doing pretty good to me,winning £100 a week is a good return.
    that's about what i am averaging atm although i have been running quite well recently and winning a little more.
    i am just in the process of trying to break into the £5 level atm.
    been doing ok at the £3's for a while.
    multi-tabling is obviously important more so for dym than cash imo.
    i'm playing around the 15 table mark atm.

it's really your choice mate as to what you play.
    i like dym myself as it's a relatively easy structure game to play,and also the swings are nowhere as big as they are in cash games.
    my advice,go where your heart tells you to go.if u fancy trying some cash,why not,u have nothing to lose.dym will always be there for you.
    if you are happy just grinding out a steady profit as u r atm carry on doing that.there are always higher levels to try.
    gl anyway.
    might bump into you somewhere.
    :)
    dev