You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lunchtime NL10 on weekdays

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
Recently I have changed jobs and I now work four days per week leaving me with Tuesdays to myself. I have given up grinding NL4, practicing proper BRM and playing 12k hands per month multi-tabling for hours on end. Instead, when I get a moment I single table NL10 with a budget of £15 per month.

But with my new found free time I decided to play a little NL10 this afternoon. Between 12 and 2 NL10 was busy. with about 12 full tables going. Now there is only 4. What could be the explanation for this? I would have thought that table traffic would increase as the day goes on.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Lunchtime NL10 on weekdays:
    Recently I have changed jobs and I now work four days per week leaving me with Tuesdays to myself. I have given up grinding NL4, practicing proper BRM and playing 12k hands per month multi-tabling for hours on end. Instead, when I get a moment I single table NL10 with a budget of £15 per month. But with my new found free time I decided to play a little NL10 this afternoon. Between 12 and 2 NL10 was busy. with about 12 full tables going. Now there is only 4. What could be the explanation for this? I would have thought that table traffic would increase as the day goes on.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    As you mention at lunchtime which is from 12 to 2 there is an increase of players in the site for two reasons. People play during their breaks from jobs on their browser and also some regs join the tables cause there is a happy hour from 1-2. After 2 o'clock there is a decrease on tables running until around 5ish when the 2nd Happy Hour of the day  runs. After 6 o'clock traffic on the site increases gradually and reaches a peak at around 10ish I believe. 11-12 its the late night happy hour so there are more table running. After 12 traffic on the site starts to decrease gradually.

All of the above are a result of people's programms. They play in the site during their breaks, then they work, go home for dinner and after dinner they log in again and play a couple of tables.