You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

fao sky re happy hours

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
just seen on the home page that you nare running extra happy hours at certain times tonight but if im reading the promo correctly its only for certain blinds levels mainly the top level of each tier in the cash kings promo.

have i read this correctly?

is the top tier ie 10p/20p in the lower tier getting extra happy hours exclusively for them when others at 5p/10p 4p/8p arent?

is this not a little unfair for all other users who may have their own goals within the cash kings promo's.

please clarify as i understand it most people are missing out

Comments

• edited October 2012
    good question, also why at various time slots for tiers

can you please just run the lower tier 8-9pm plz o plz o plz - so unfair on me and others who can't get online sooner in the evening - kind of handing it over to the people who can play during the day

us evening grinders have no chance (

• edited October 2012
    is kinda unfair if it's just 20nl for the lower section. 
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: fao sky re happy hours:
    is kinda unfair if it's just 20nl for the lower section. 
    Posted by percival09
    i just used the lower tier as an example, its the same for the middle n high where the top qualifying level is getting an extra 2 hours of boost tonight.

thats how ive read it anyway
  • edited October 2012
    The thing is, promotions aren't meant to be fair, they are designed to generate extra revenue.
    Sky obviously think that, by targetting certain levels, this will be achieved.

Fwiw, the Kings of Cash promo is set up, such that it is weighted favourably towards the micro / small stakes players. (i.e. the top scorers in those categories will probably get more £/pt as prizes, that in the mid-stakes levels).
    Equally, I don't see anything wrong with this, as there are probably sound business reasons for arranging it this way.

• edited October 2012
    The thing is, promotions aren't meant to be fair, they are designed to generate extra revenue. Sky obviously think that, by targetting certain levels, this will be achieved. Fwiw, the Kings of Cash promo is set up, such that it is weighted favourably towards the micro / small stakes players. (i.e. the top scorers in those categories will probably get more £/pt as prizes, that in the mid-stakes levels). Equally, I don't see anything wrong with this, as there are probably sound business reasons for arranging it this way.
    Posted by jakally

Well you'll have to explain to me the logical busines reason to run extra happy hours for tiers but they run at various times.

For example:

lower tier: 7-8pm
    middle tie 8-9pm
    upper tier 9-10pm

Just run them all at say 8-9pm

so annoying for me but I am selfish because I can't get online playing till 8pm at the earliest

So while you have happy hours during the day, this doesn't make me happy )

Maybe Sky want to increase traffic during the day but hey - it's all about me I'm afriad

• edited October 2012
    Just run them all at say 8-9pm so annoying for me but I am selfish 
    Posted by rancid
    Running happy hours at the most convenient times for people, would be a pretty stupid thing to do.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: fao sky re happy hours : Running happy hours at the most convenient times for people, would be a pretty stupid thing to do.
    Posted by jakally

I agree so why run extra happy hours for mid and upper tier between 8-10pm - but lower tier run at 7-8pm

How is 8-10pm inconvenient for the mid-high stakes players -

may aswell run the extra hour between misnight & 1am

just being selfish but hey - level playing field plz for da promo
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty sure it has just been confirmed on the official top 100 promo thread by sky poker that it IS only the levels outlined in the promotion that will be getting the extra happy hour.
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty sure it has just been confirmed on the official top 100 promo thread by sky poker that it IS only the levels outlined in the promotion that will be getting the extra happy hour.
    Posted by percival09
    Really! Divide and conquer!

That's very harsh on the people who are already at a disadvantage

Sky do some great things then go and spoilt it (

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: fao sky re happy hours : Really! Divide and conquer! That's very harsh on the people who are already at a disadvantage Sky do some great things then go and spoilt it (
    Posted by rancid
    i agree with you.

how many people have been putting in extra at the lower tiers of their particular section in the hope of claiming a spot in the top 20. what message does this send, it is worth their while continuing for the rest of the month with the extra volume if the top tier is going to get even more points. should they decide not to then havent these selective happy hours defeated their purpose

these happy hours should be for all levels.
  • edited October 2012
    Sigh @ this :(

And here's me thinking I had a chance of getting into the top 20... they aint making it easy for me! lol
  • edited October 2012
    Think sky should not bother at all with any promotions at all in future, all people do is moan moan moan, im not getting my points cry cry cry zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited October 2012
    The thing is, promotions aren't meant to be fair, they are designed to generate extra revenue. Sky obviously think that, by targetting certain levels, this will be achieved. Fwiw, the Kings of Cash promo is set up, such that it is weighted favourably towards the micro / small stakes players. (i.e. the top scorers in those categories will probably get more £/pt as prizes, that in the mid-stakes levels). Equally, I don't see anything wrong with this, as there are probably sound business reasons for arranging it this way.
    Posted by jakally
    God point and after browsing the NL20 tables they are working - far busier at the mo

GL tho Tintin - If you do it it would be some acheivement